His apology

(A/N: this chap is dedicated to my sweet twinie, Karai_Avis)

After dinner, Valerie stood up from the Hufflepuff table and walked out of the Great Hall.

Zayn saw her leave and immediately stood up. He ran after her and when he exited the Great Hall, his rapid footsteps turned into soft, cautious ones. He walked towards Valerie.

Valerie walked silently down the corridor when a hand came up to her mouth and the other on her right arm. Valerie screamed but came out as muffled due to Zayn's hand over her mouth. He led them both to a corner and pinned Valerie to the wall.

"Z-Zayn?!" Valerie exclaimed with wide eyes, but hey soon narrowed into a glare. "What do you want?"

"Valerie, I just want to talk to you." Zayn said softly.

"Then talk, but stop pinning me." Valerie barked.

Zayn did as he was told and both stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Zayn snapped out of his thoughts. He sighed. "Val, I don't want you ignoring me. I was just concerned about you. And your parents doing something worst to you? How do you think I can keep quiet?"

Valerie rolled her eyes. "I'm the one who made you keep quiet. I shouted, and you obviously haven't seen that before, so you were as silent as a mouse." She said coldly.

"First Kitara abuses and insults you, then I find out your parents abuse you." Zayn said.

Valerie crossed her arms. "So what? Zayn, I have had enough bullshit. This is going too far. Just leave me be. I'm a Hufflepuff muggleborn while you're a Slytherin Pureblood. This is absurd. Can you please just stop giving a bloody hell about me?" She snarled.

"Make me." Zayn muttered.

"You sound like Kitara." Valerie raised a brow.

"Valerie, you can give me any type of treasure or you can hurt me, but I will never stop caring about you." Zayn said softly.

(A/N: Karai_Avis remember this?)

Valerie rolled her eyes again. "Then walk on broken glass with bare foot. If you survive that without going to the Hospital Wing for at least a year and I'll gladly forgive you again." She snapped coldly.

Zayn sighed. "Valerie Lois Joyce," He muttered and Valerie tensed up. "I would do that if you really will forgive me. I would walk through fire, I would fight a dragon, I would do all the impossible things on the planet but only if I hear you say, 'I forgive you'."

Valerie looked down to the floor and her pale blond hair surrounded her head like a curtain. A few seconds later, to Zayn's shock, tears fell onto the floor. Then, in a split second, Valerie had her arms wrapped around Zayn and her head buried into his chest, sobbing endlessly.

Zayn's eyes looked down at Valerie's sobbing figure and his hand slowly came up to run up and down her back for comfort while she gripped his robe front tightly.

"Valerie, I'm really sorry." Zayn muttered after the sobs of Valerie quieted down.

Valerie looked up at him and Zayn saw her eyes were puffy and red and so was her nose. Even though she just went through tears, Valerie still managed a soft smile. "...I forgive you, Zayn...." She mumbled.

Zayn looked down at her then put a strand of hair behind her ear. His hand then landed on her cheek and his thumb wiped her tears away.

Valerie leaned into his hand with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes and smiled softly.

(A/N: here you go, sissy 😄)

"Valerie....I don't know if this will make up for what I did, but...." Zayn muttered and lost his sentence when Valerie stood on her toes and kissed Zayn softly.

The two leaned into the kiss as Valerie's hand made their way to the back of Zayn's neck as his made their way to her waist.

They pulled apart a few seconds later and stared into each other's eyes. Zayn looked into Valerie's emerald green orbs as she stared into his ocean blue ones.

"I'm so sorry, Valerie...." Zayn muttered.

Valerie tilted her head a bit to her side and smiled again. "I said I forgive you, didn't I?" She said softly, her hands now snaking up to tangle into Zayn's brown hair.

Zayn's left hand made its way to caress Valerie's cheek as he smiled back at her. "I'm still sorry." He said.

"Zayn Mark Cromar, you are so stubborn." Valerie giggled.

"I know I am, Val." Zayn chuckled.

Valerie giggled again then rested her head onto Zayn's chest. "It's getting late...." She muttered sleepily.

"You tired?" Zayn asked and felt Valerie nod. "May I escort you to your common room?"

"You may." Valerie smiled tiredly and the pair walked off to Valerie's common room.

~the following day~

Valerie woke up the next morning to a ray of sunlight coming into the girls' dormitories' window. Valerie rubbed her eyes and sat up then looked around at her roommates. Then the pale blond stood up and walked towards her closet and got dressed. She wore a simple yellow and green T-shirt with yellow jeans. Then she fixed and tied her hair in a ponytail.

Today was Saturday, and tomorrow was their Hogsmeade visit.

Valerie then walked towards the door and opened it, then exited the girls'dormitories.

~meanwhile at the Slytherin common room~

Zayn stared at the ceiling of his four-poster and sighed dreamingly.

He had been awake for a while now and had no intention to get up or get ready. He was on cloud nine, remembering last night.

But when the thought of Valerie crossed his mind, Zayn hastily got up and got dressed before leaving the common room.

-on the corridor-

Valerie walked down the corridor humming the tune of the Hogwarts hymn.

Zayn caught her figure and ran up to her quietly. He placed his hands over her eyes and Valerie let out an "Oh!".

"Guess who~?" Zayn whispered softly into Valerie's ear, causing shivers to run down her spine.

"Zayn?" Valerie giggled and Zayn's hand fell to her arms.

"Good morning, Valerie." He smiled at her.

"Good morning, Zayn." Valerie smiled back.

"Off to breakfast?" Zayn asked.

"Yes I am." Valerie answered and the pair continued walking, Zayn behind Valerie and Valerie leading.

This couple gave a slight opening of their love the other night. Soon enough, they will show it fully.