Private conversation

Lisette sat in front of the class at History of Magic and paid close attention to Professor Kiarah. Edwin and Isabella sat side-by-side and we're also listening closely as Professor Kiarah discussed.

"Now," Professor Kiarah said, looking around at the room. "I am assigning partners for a project due next week."

"Ooh!" Lisette heard Ria, a Ravenclaw girl, whisper-yell.

"Here are the partners; Ms Isabella with Mr Carlo, Ms Iyasha with Ms Ikiya, Ms Lisette with.....Mr Edwin," Professor Kiarah said.

Lisette's eyes widened. Professor Kiarah continued sorting out the partners but Lisette hardly heard the names.

'EDWIN?!' Lisette thought. 'Edwin, of all people?!'

"That's all. Any questions?" Professor Kiarah asked, looking around at the class. When no one responded, she said, "Alright. So for your project, all of you will review chapters 1 to 3 and make a 3 page essay about it, then explain it here in front."

The class nodded.

"Alright then," Professor Kiarah said, just as the bell rang. "And assignment on page 132, due next Wednesday."

-at dinner-

Lisette sat down on the Ravenclaw table between Andrea and Miya.

"Who did you get again?" Andrea asked Miya.

"I got Juliana." Miya answered.

"Juliana Stones?" Andrea raised a brow.

"Yeah. Who did you get?" Miya asked.

"Barton Blooms." Andrea shrugged.

Miya nodded. Then she turned to Lisette. "Lizzy, you're never this quiet. What's up?" She asked.

"It's nothing." Lisette lied, and again, her lie seemed believable.

"Really?" Andrea frowned at Lisette.

"Yeah." Lisette said.

"Are you positive?" Jamie asked suddenly from beside Miya.

"Absolutely." Lisette replied.

"You don't want Nids as your partner, do you?" Iyana Kish said, looking up from her plate.

Lisette sighed. "Well, took you long enough, Iya." She said, eyeing Iyana.

Iyana shrugged. "It was quite obvious. You haven't been talking to Miss since yesterday, more or less." She said and continued eating.

"Actually, why are you ignoring Edwin?" Miya asked.

"Me to know and you to find out." Lisette said.

"Lizzy!" Miya whined.

"Bloody hell, Miya, your whines are annoying...." Lisette muttered.

"And I'll keep whining if you don't tell me!" Miya said.

"Fine! Merlin, Miya...."  Lisette sighed again and faced Miya. She began explaining and when she finished, Lisette stared at the table again.

"Their parents arranged their marriage?" Miya repeated, dumbstruck.

"Yes." Lisette bit her lip.

"I mean, you can't blame their parents. They just want what's best for their children." Andrea said.

Lisette shot Andrea a glare. "Was I complaining?" She queried.

"No, just stating a fact." Andrea shrugged.

With that, the five girls continued chatting again.

-after dinner-

After dinner, Andrea, Iyana, Miya, Jamie and Lisette stood up and walked to the Ravenclaw common room.

The five of them were laughing cheerfully when a black haired male stood in front of them.

"Um, excuse us." Iyana said to the male.

"Lisette," The boy said, and immediately, Lisette knew it was Edwin. "I need to talk to you. Privately."

All four head rested on Lisette. Lisette sighed. "Fine." She muttered.

"Now." Edwin said.

"Girls, you all wait for me at the common room." Lisette told the girls.

"Alright then..." The four girls nodded then walked towards the Ravenclaw common room.

Lisette looked at Edwin. "What do you want, Nids?" She queried.

"I want to talk to you by the Whomping Willow." Edwin said, taking Lisette's hand and running off into the night.

-at the Whomping Willow -

Lisette and Edwin sat on the grass a few feet away from the Whomping Willow, the cold, night air surrounding them.

"Lisette, Isabella talked to me." Edwin told Lisette.

"And?" Lisette raised her brow.

"She said she thought you had a bit of suspicion when you asked her what our relationship was." Edwin explained.

"Suspicion?" Lisette repeated.

Edwin nodded. "She was wondering why you asked her that but said that you left so suddenly that she didn't have time to ask you," He said. "So she ran to me to ask me what our relationship was."

Lisette's eyes widened a few inches as usual. "And what did you say?" She asked hurriedly.

"I told her we were friends. But she couldn't help but think you were jealous." Edwin shrugged.

Lisette winced. "Why would I be jealous?" She asked, telling herself to say the sentence without a stutter.

"She saw you looking at us earlier. She claims she saw your eyes widened even though it was only a few inches." Edwin smiled.

"So? Just because my eyes widened doesn't mean I'm jealous." Lisette said.

"Well, you see Lisette, Isabella is special in a way that she can read your emotions. She knows when a person is sad, angry, happy, jealous, etc." Edwin explained.

"That is physically impossible." Lisette stated.

"Are emotions physical? No, they're mental. You got played, player. She read right through you." Edwin smiled.

Lisette rolled her eyes. "You have no proof whatsoever that she really can read emotions." She said.

"She read through mine. She read through Valerie's, she read through Zayn's, and let me tell you, Isabella had a hard time reading Zayn's, I even had a hard time believing Zayn even had emotions." Edwin chuckled.

"Zayn has emotions, but I only ever saw him show them to Valerie. He's got a thing for her. He likes her," Lisette said. "But you better not tell him I told you."

"How do you know he's got a thing for her?" Edwin raised an eyebrow.

"I can tell he likes her because I'm a Ravenclaw. But it's obvious. He likes her, she likes him. They're just too stupid to realize that." Lisette said.

Edwin chuckled then, without realizing it, his hand snaked up to Lisette's ponytail and slowly removed it. Lisette looked surprised but allowed it anyway. Immediately, Lisette's locks fell down to her shoulders, up to her hips and shone in the moonlight. Edwin took a random strand of hair on Lisette's face and put it behind her ear.

"Lisette, you have no idea how much I wanna ditch Isabella." Edwin said softly, hand coming up to caress Lisette's cheek.

"You better not. She's your fiancé." Lisette said, leaning a bit towards Edwin.

Edwin did the same. "I know that, Lisette." He muttered before he pressed his lips onto hers.

Lisette leaned into the kiss as her hands made their way to Edwin's neck. Edwin's free hand slid itself onto Lisette's waist and pulled her closer.

The Griffindor loved the Ravenclaw....who knew?