7. Moon's End

(POV: Plug)

The three of us dashed through the ground, up towards the surface. I'm not sure what I had expected other than what we then saw. We looked up slowly and saw our worst fears continuing to continue.

"Why. Won't. You. Just. BREAK!?" A squeaky voice was shouting above us. I turned towards my friends to try to get reassurance about what I was seeing. But to my surprise, Rob was gone. I was, however, not surprised that Grunt looked terrified. I was terrified. I didn't know how long it would be until my own existence was out of my control. After all, the images I was seeing above me made me petrified (in the sense that I was scared - I didn't turn to stone till a much later time).

Above me and Grunt was a giant, white orb, which I had identified as a boo of some sort. The fact that there was a boo there rang alarm bells, of for, for me. But, what really concerned me was their whereabouts. Directly next to this boo was the Dark Moon itself, floating in the sky. I tried to deny what I was seeing, closing my eyes and going to my happy place.

Fortunately, Grunt knocked me out of my trance. "Look!" He whispered to me, pointing at what I had already seen.
"Yes. I've seen it." I replied to him in a harsh tone, annoyed that he doesn't understand my capability to see things too.
"No." He said, in a similar tone to me. "Look!" He repeated with more emphasis, shaking his hand as he pointed. I decided that he wanted me to look closer for something else. No. I could not find what he was talking about.

"BREAK ALREADY!" The boo shouted into the air. The boo smashed itself into the Dark Moon again. And that's when I noticed it. There were cracks on the surface of the moon. Alarm bells rang louder in my head. This is what Grunt had warned me about. "FOR I. AM. BOOOOOOOLOSSUS!!" The boo shouted before slamming himself into the dark moon one last time. And then the world seemed to end.

---

(POV: Rob)

At this moment, the dark moon had shattered into too many pieces to count. It's like when glass shatters and you don't think it'll ever be possible to bring that pane of glass back... That thought would usually be right. Even if you put them back together you're not gonna get yourself a stable window.

Hi. I'm Rob. Where was I during all this, I hear you ask? Well, it all started after the first portrait ghost emerged. Sure, I woke this ghost up and possibly delayed us from being able to save the Dark Moon. However, it was I who would then go to save Plug and Grunt from their fates. Whilst being spun around by ol' green eyes, I noticed Boolossus returning from his portrait state. I knew that he meant trouble and so decided that he would become my priority. Plug and Grunt had other ideas and didn't wait around for me. I'm used to it, of course. Naturally, the best of us are left by ourselves so that we are more productive. So, I followed the trail I had seen Boolossus take and then eventually tracked him down to the same point as the Dark Moon. My fears- Concerns had been confirmed. The Dark Moon would soon once again collapse as it did before. Boolossus didn't notice as I flew towards the Dark Moon. As he made his final collision with the moon, I made my move and-