forty six

i need to do this now, before i change my mind. it's now or never, mingyu. you can do this.

mingEW: hi, wonwoo

mingEW: it's been a while

wonton: mingyu, hey

wonton: yeah it has

wonton: i'm sorry

mingEW: if you're not busy, do you think we can meet tomorrow night?

mingEW: just to talk things out

mingEW: if it's okay with you, i'm not gonna force you if you still don't want to..

wonton: no, no, it's okay

wonton: it's been so long, i think it's due time as well

mingEW: let's meet by the park near the han river, is that alright?

wonton: yeah, mingyu

mingEW: see you, wonwoo

wonton: see you

time skip — tomorrow night

play mood music for the rest of this chapter if you'd like

the park was silent, only the occasional gust of wind passing by that sent chill down wonwoo's spine. it was past eight, the street lights illuminated the ground in soft yellow. a few people were still out this late, wonwoo could count each and every one of them — there was an old lady, a few joggers running past him and a couple holding hands, leaning on each other a few meters away. the sight sent a small pang to the chest, but he didn't think much of it. he only stared into his reflection on the surface of the river. the han river was the only place wonwoo was at peace with himself, being able to clear his mind and think. it really was a beautiful place.

i always watched over you from afar

he tightened his coat and breathed into his palms to bring back the warmth the winter breeze took away, causing a few leaves to fall from their branches. the sight of the han river calmed wonwoo, already nervous of what's to come.

because you seemed like my love

"hi," a voice spoke behind him. wonwoo turned around to see mingyu standing beside the bench, holding two paper cups and wearing a puffy coat. wonwoo scoots over to the other side of the bench to give mingyu space to sit, whilst mingyu handed him one of the paper cups.

i thought you thought the same way

"hey. oh, thank you." wonwoo said as he took the cup.

"hot chocolate, just how you like it." mingyu smiled, showing his canine teeth. wonwoo gave a small smile back but later realised he was staring, and quickly turned away.

although you were looking somewhere else

wonwoo once again focused his eyes on the sight of the river in front of him, watching that one solitary boat cross its trenches, listening to the peaceful sounds of the water crashing against the sides of the river.

like the wind, like the dust

"you know what this feels like?" wonwoo started to say, "it feels like that time you treated me with an iced chocolate and a americano for yourself. i just realised i never paid you back."