Well, that escalated quickly

Start from the beginning

That was the moment Kakashi approached her with a set of folded kimono of commoner's colours.

She almost snapped at the silent insult, only to hold herself back upon noticing that the grief was gone from his eyes.

There was no sadness. No sorrow. No grief. None of that betrayed pain that he displayed during his grieving.

Only pure wrath simmered in his mismatched eyes now.

Intrigued, she found herself obliging to his quiet words, slightly entranced at the cold determination that rang in each syllable of his words and the anger that laced his voice. He waited outside as she redressed into that commoner's kimono.

It impressed her that he has been respectful enough to her noble status to weave genjutsu into the fabric, making it seemed worn and old but still felt like luxury kimono against her skin.

She hasn't even taught him how to use the rinnegan sharingan and yet he was already able to weave a potent genjutsu.

Humans never cease to impress.

When she finished dressing and called him in, Zetsu walked with him.

Or at least, the white half of Zetsu that has been keeping the boy company for the past few days.

The manifestation of her will has separated from its host, now merely a black blob that has made its home under Kakashi's left sleeve, wrapping around his forearm like an arm guard. She raised an eyebrow at the white Zetsu—Shiro, as named by Kakashi—and noted on the modification done to him.

Shiro seemed so happy at his new look.

The white Zetsu kept stealing glances at the reflective ice walls, poking on his now flesh-coloured skin and ruffling his own brown hair with childish glee as if his current human appearance was a gift that he cherished. The simple-minded creature even bounced on his steps, trailing after Kakashi like a smitten puppy.

"Kashi?" she questioned, gazing down to meet his gaze.

"Kuro told me that you have a plan to end the war," he responded, reaching out one small hand to tug her down, manoeuvring her to sit on the bed. "Something about capturing the bijuu and harnessed their power to awaken the chakra tree?"

"Yes," she affirmed, face not betraying her internal surprise when she felt strong chakra weaving into her hair, wrapping her long hair with the same potent genjutsu on her kimono. "Kashi-kun, what—?"

"I have a plan for that," he grunted as the mattress sank a little right behind her. "We're going to end this war, Mom."

Confused and intrigued, Kaguya sat silently on the bed that she has never even used, resisting the odd warmth in her chest when those small roughened hands thread in her long hair. She saw how his genjutsu has changed the colour and length of her hair to that of deep caramel that would bounce over her waist if she stood, and this intricate change prompted her to remain silence as he started braiding her hair.

It actually felt nice, to have those warm small hands in her hair.

It reminded her a lot to toddler Hamura and Hagoromo. They used to play with her hair like this too—back then when they weren't turning their swords and power against her.

"What do you have in mind, my boy?" she hummed, closing her eyes at the pleasant tug on her hair.

"We're taking over Kiri," he said, letting out a frustrated noise as she felt his hands carefully untangling half of the braid that he was working on. "Sorry, Mom," he murmured, breath warm at the top of her head.