Chapter 3

Dinner went very well. We talked a lot and joked around. Lee tried to ask what had been bothering me a couple times, but I couldn't tell him the truth. We were currently walking back to my house. It was getting dark out, and I wondered what I would do about my broken door.

"Toma-chan what's on your mind?" Lee asked me, tilting his head to the side and looking me right in the eyes. He always did that while talking to me, everytime it made me blush.

I laughed quietly, "just wondering what I'm going to do about my door..." I trailed off rubbing the back of my head.

"Don't worry Toma-chan! I asked Gai Sensei to fix it!" I looked at him surprised, but happy he would do that for me. But now for the weird social standards.

"You didn't have to.." I stated quietly.

"Really it was no problem! It's part of a new challenge Gai Sensei and I are doing!" Of course. It's a challenge, then again who would do something like that for me just because they like me? No one because it's impossible. No one ever likes a weak ninja, with self esteem issues. Lee is far from weak with self esteem issues, In fact he's the exact opposite. Someone as great as him could never like me. I don't know why I let myself get my hopes up. I'm stupid, so incredibly stupid.

"Well thanks anyway Lee." I gave him my best smile, hoping he would buy it. He smiled back at me, buying into my fake smile. We stopped at my front door and I looked down I could feel tears begin to brim my eyes. "Thanks for dinner Lee." I said quietly, wanting him to leave so he wouldn't see me cry.

"Of course! Anything for the power of youth!" Lee fist pumped and I smiled at him. It was unbelievable how deep I've fallen for him. Lee turned and started walking back to his house just as tears started to spill. I quickly turned around just incase, for some impossible reason, Lee turned back around, he wouldn't see me crying.

I opened my door which now worked better then it had before Sakura broke it. I shut the door and slowly made my way into the house. I looked around at my few possessions. To be honest I love all my stuff and everyone knows it. However if the only way to save Lee was to give up all my possessions, I would do it in a heart beat. I don't remember a lot after that. I faintly heard the creak of a floor board and quickly wiped out one of my kunai's, holding it in front of me protectively.

"Whose there?" I called out into the silence. Suddenly there was a hand over my mouth. My eyes widened and I struggled to get out of the persons grip.

"Haha, this is cute. You call yourself a ninja? I wonder what Orochimaru could possibly want you for.."

My eyes widened and I started to panic. I did not want to go with Orochimaru! There was still a whole problem with Orochimaru since Sasuke decided to leave the village for him.

"Just be good, you never know, he might just reward you for good behavior." He whispered in my ear. He then took out a cloth and held it over my mouth and nose. He came around front, his grip not loosening any. I saw silver hair first, then the big round glasses, and I immediately knew it was Kabuto. I glared and refused to breath, but he just chuckled.

"Your not going to be rewarded if you act like this, Toma." The way he said my name sent tingles down my back, and not in a good way. I held my breath until my lungs screamed and ached for oxygen. Finally I breathed in and very soon reality was washed away as I was sucked into a black hole.

Under any other circumstances I would be happy with leaving reality, but right now I was more terrified then ever.