Chapter 1

I've probably been in here for a while, but I'm not sure I lost track.

I know I'm probably over reacting but I can't help it. I mean what would you do if you saw your life time crush confess to someone else, let alone your best friend. That's what happened to me, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. During the chunin exams my life time crush, Rock Lee, confessed to my best friend Sakura. His words rattle around in my head still.

I was broke out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door, but made no move to get it. The knocking got louder and more consistent. "Toma, please open up you've been in there for a while! Please come out or show me a sign that your alright." The worried voice of my best friend, Sakura called through the door. But still I made no move to do either of the things she asked.

Suddenly the knocking stopped. "Toma open the door or I will break it down with force." She waited a couple seconds,"1...2...3..." And a loud splintering sound echoed throughout the house, and sunlight streamed in. I closed my eyes as the light hit me for the first time in a couple days. I only opened my eyes when I heard a gasp. I opened my eyes to see Sakura standing there, eyes wide with hands over her mouth, staring at me. I wasn't in a particularly good mood and snapped.

"STOP STARING AT ME!" I said angrily as I glared at her. She also seemed to snap at that point.

"TOMA! I DONT SEE YOU FOR SO MANY DAYS ONLY TO FIND OUT YOUVE BEEN SITTING IN THE DARK IN YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT EATING OR BATHING! WHATS GOTTEN INTO YOU? Why are you acting like this?" Yup Sakura has no clue about my crush on Rock Lee. She knows the rest but I feel she gossips to much to tell her this one. The only other persons who knows all my secrets is Hinata. Hinata is a very quiet girl who I trust a lot, and I mean a lot, and she's the only person who knows I like Lee and I plan to keep it that way.

"TOMA!" Sakura yelled now annoyed that I was ignoring her.i looked up at her from my spot on the bed. She was tapping her foot with her arms crossed glaring at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Nothing" I said easily lying to her while keeping my face and voice completely devoid of any emotion. You see it's worse for me because not only did my crush confess to my best friend but I was also easily beaten in the prelimitarys. I didn't even stand a chance against the person I was up against. I'm so weak, some would say I'm weaker then Sakura.

Sakura's face scrunched up in rage and she started yelling again,"YOUR LYING TO ME! PEOPLE DONT JUST ACT LIKE YOU ARE FOR NO REASON, SO TELL ME IM YOUR BEST FRIEND AFTER ALL RIGHT?" She continued to yell at me but I zoned her out after the forts line or two, and instead started thinking of ways that I can get stronger..... Maybe then Lee will notice me. We had no idea that said person was watching what was happening through the window in the side of the room.

ROCK LEE'S POV

I was walking down the road looking for Toma since I hadn't seen her since the chunin exams. I know she was pretty upset about being beaten so easily. She said she wants to get stronger but if I have to be honest I don't want her to get stronger. I've had a crush on her for a couple years but she's shown no interest, but I don't care becuase in the end I will win her over.

As I was approaching Toma's house I see Sakura break down Toma's door. Is something wrong with her? I began to mentally panic, so I quickly hid my chakra and jumped up to Toma's window to make sure she was ok but what I saw made me pause in shock, and it was clear it shocked Sakura to.

Toma was sitting slouched on the middle of her bed. She had huge dark bags under her eyes and she had lost a lot of weight. It looked as if she hadn't eaten anything for days. I couldn't tell if it was just the lighting or if she had gotten a couple shades paler as well. Through the window I could hear Sakura yelling at Toma, at this I frowned. I didn't like anyone, and I meant no one at all yelling at Toma.

I'll admit I exaggerated when I said I loved Sakura. To be honest I only had a small school boy crush on her that would probably leave after a couple weeks. The only reason I did what I did was because of pride. Though had I seen Toma standing there before I stared 'confessing' as Tenten dared me to do the next time I saw Sakura I would have waitedto do the dare. Unfortunately I didn't see her until it was to late. If I really liked someone like I liked Toma, I would never confess like that.

I turned my attention back to window in time to see a look of anger cross Toma's face and she also yelled something that was muffled by the window so I didn't hear, before her face went back to being emotionless. I'm so used to seeing a shy smile on Toma's face that I took it for granted. I would give anything to see that shy smile on her face instead of that emotionless face she had right now. After waiting a couple seconds Sakura started yelling again, but it fell on deaf ears because I could Toma wasn't listening anymore instead she looked deep in thought. But what could she possibly be thinking about? Actually that didn't matter at the moment, what did matter was what made Toma act like this. I will find out and i will undo this problem!