Masquerade- Peter Parker

(^^ What I imagined the masquerade masks to look like, Peter's on the left and yours on the right)

(Female Reader)

3rd Person POV 

"I don't really have to go to this thing, do I?" Peter groaned, watching Tony search through his closet for something.

"Come on kid, it'll be fun," Tony replied, frankly lackluster, still paying attention to the clothes in front of him.

"That's the point though, there won't be any other kids there," Peter sighed, fiddling with his hands. "Not that I-I'm a kid-"

"Oh come on like you have anything better to do with your Saturday night? Give yourself a day off, New York will be fine if you're just Peter Parker for a few hours," Tony said, still flipping through formal wear that would fit Peter.

"Even if I went, I don't have anything to wear," he sighed, standing from his position on the bed.

"Ah hah! Don't worry Cinderella, that's why I was looking for this," Tony said, pulling out a blue blazer, white button down, and black slacks. Peter ran his hands over the sleeves of the jacket, thinking that it did look nice.

"And we have to wear masks?" Peter asked, cringing a bit.

"Yes! That's why it's called a masquerade ball," Tony said, clapping his hand on Peter's shoulder.

"But-" Peter started again, but his words were cut off.

"It's Halloween just wear a mask, Parker."

***

When the moon had relieved the sun of its duty, Peter pulled on the blue blazer Tony left out for him. He'd found a simple black mask that covered about half his features, and once Peter secured it onto his face, he looked at the finished product. Seeing himself in the mirror, he actually started to see Tony's point. This could be fun.

***

Tony had rented out a gorgeous ballroom for the party, almost entirely constructed from white marble. The lighting was a soft glow that amplified the elegant atmosphere. Everyone was in black tie attire, topped off with varying masquerade masks. Not much else would be expected from an Tony Stark Halloween party. 

Peter had been wandering around the party, only really mingling with his fellow Avengers. He sipped his root beer, still a bit bitter about Tony shutting down any offered alcohol from Thor, and walked through the crowd of people. Glancing at the area with couples dancing to the music wafting through the air, Peter wished he had someone to dance with. He couldn't necessarily dance well, but it would feel rather elegant, given the setting, to at least try. He felt somewhat out of place with all the adults, and was tempted to slip out early. That was until someone entered the party that caught his attention.

A girl that looked closer to his age materialized at the top of the steps. A simple, long sleeve maroon dress hugged her figure aside from the slit at her mid-thigh going to the floor. Even from across the room, Peter could see the deep red painted on her lips. Her eyes grazed over the crowd and by her body language, she seemed isolated herself.

The mystery girl began descending the steps, and Peter quickly worked his way through the crowd and closer to her intended path. Despite being Spiderman, Peter still stumbled over his own feet to get to this girl. Peter tried to calm his rushed behavior when she got closer, realizing he didn't even know what he'd say to her. Suddenly, he realized he wouldn't have to figure it out.

She walked toward him, though not him specifically, and Peter could've sworn he heard only her heels clicking on the marble as she neared him. His body acted before his mind could process, and Peter stepped to the side once to intercept her.