Living Nightmare- Steve Rogers

(Gender Neutral Reader)

*Minor violence and language warning just fyi*

Your blurry vision cleared up to reveal a haunting scene. A single bright light hung above you, but other wise your surroundings were dark and dim. Your head was throbbing with pain, suggesting someone struck you in the back of the head. The fact you couldn't remember how you got here supported this assumption. Looking down, you saw a chair you were bound to. With every attempt of your strength, your arms and legs wouldn't move.

"Great..." you mumble to yourself.

"Indeed it is," a voice called from in front of you, causing you to snap your head up in search of the voice's owner. Your eyes started to adjust, and you saw what looked like a dark warehouse, and a figure walking towards you. It was a masculine voice and silhouette, and you tried your hardest to recognize him, if you could. "I think this is absolutely amazing. I mean, one of the Avengers, sitting right in front of me," the man smirked, now standing right in front of you. He grabbed the back of your chair and leaned it back, forcing you to look at his scarred face. "Well, you seem like someone who gets to the point, so I'll return the favor. The Avengers have been in hiding for the past few weeks, I'd like to know where they are, and you can tell me. Well, I shouldn't say can...you will tell me."

You glared at the guy, still trying to wriggle your hands out of the rough ropes. "What makes you so sure?" you snarled through clenched teeth. "I mean besides the fact that you're so trustworthy," you added sarcastically.

Your captor just laughed. "Feisty, I like it," he snickered, pulling back his hand and letting your chair fall back to the ground. "That means this'll be interesting," he called over his shoulder, sauntering over to a table stocked with different weapons. You watched his hand hover above the threatening array of weaponry, and tried to keep your nerves under wraps. The stranger grabbed a handgun, and while you were definitely confused because he wouldn't kill you without the needed information, your heart was pounding.

"A gun? What, you planning to kill me? Aw, that's cute," you tried to conjure confidence in your voice, but the beads of sweat rolling down your face negated a majority of your courage. The kidnapper chuckled darkly at your banter, looking over the gun.

"No, not you," he raised his hand and gestured to no one you could see to come closer. Glancing towards the direction of the gesture, you saw two other men dragging in someone unconscious. At first, you didn't recognize the limp stranger, but then he was dragged into the light. You stiffened in your chair and pulled against your restraints. It was impossible to take your eyes off the love of your life, battered, bruised, and unconscious. His red, white, and blue suit was now mainly red. "You know, both of you going on a risky, unpredictable mission...probably not smart."

"You wouldn't dare, you piece of shit...unless you want me to fucking kill you," you gritted through your teeth. He chuckled, walking over to Steve.

"I wouldn't be threatening me so much. His life really hangs in your hands," he sneered, aiming the gun at Steve's head. You thrashed under the ropes, just wanting to break out and tackle this bastard to the ground. "So I ask again, where are your Avenging friends?" The way he spoke made the kidnapper sound exhausted from asking. Your eyes darted back from Steve, to your captor, and back to Steve. Tears stung in your eyes and silence thickened the air.

It seemed like years before you opened your mouth, but you took to long. Your captor pulled the trigger before you could say anything.

"NO!!" You screamed as Steve now truly went limp.

You woke up, screaming and thrashing under warm blankets that had long been thrown off. Strong arms wrapped around your torso, and the only voice you wanted to hear right now whispered in your ear.

"Y/N, Y/N it's okay, shhh it was just a dream," Steve comforted beside you, brushing his hand over your hair and holding you close. Your breath was starting to calm, and you leaned your tear soaked face willingly into his chest.

"You, you were gone...I lost you..." you whimpered into him.

"I'm here, I'll always be here, okay? You're not going to lose me, I'm right here," Steve whispered through teary eyes. It hurt him to hear you in so much pain. This caused your heart to come back to a healthy rate, and you wrapped your arms around him. "I'm right here..." he repeated, kissing your forehead.

_______________________________________________

Thanks for reading guys! Vote and comment! If you have any requests, Marvel or otherwise, please tell me!