You're With Him?!- Stephen Strange

(Female Reader)

"We're going to get sandwiches Wong, you want anything?" you asked as you and your boyfriend descended the steps of the New York sanctum. Considering you've been dating Stephen for several months, you spent a lot of your time in the sanctum with him and Wong.

"Well-" Wong started, only to be interrupted by Stephen.

"Before you ask, will you be able to pay for it this time?" You chuckled as you all reached the base of the stairs.

"Attachment to the physical is detachment from the spiritual," Wong reasoned.

"Maybe the guys at the deli will make you a metaphorical sandwich..." Stephen grumbled, and you shook your head with a smile.

"Come on, cut him some slack," you intertwined your fingers with his.

He sighed with a hint of a smile on his lips, looking down at you with love in his eyes. "Well, you're a better person than I am." You hummed in appreciation as you pecked his lips.

"What do you want Wong?" you repeated.

"I wouldn't say no to a tuna melt-" Wong started, when something ripped through the air and crashed through the staircase you had all just walked down.

The three of you were on alert immediately, sprinting up what was left of the stairs to investigate what just smashed through the window. The two masters of the mystics arts to your left had spells at the ready, but it didn't seem like that would be necessary. A man was surrounded by rubble and pieces of wood about five or six feet into the broken stairwell.

"Thanos...Thanos is coming," he mumbled. He seemed exhausted and out of breath, and suddenly, you recognized him.

"Oh my God, Bruce," you said, pushing forward to hop down beside him.

His panicked state started to dwindle when he saw you, and a visible wave of relief washed over him. "Y/N? Wh-What are you doing here? Where's Tony?" You glanced up to Stephen at the mention of your brother's name.

Without answering his question, you helped him get to his feet, Stephen and Wong helping to pull you both out. "Bruce, what the hell happened to you? Where were you?" you asked worriedly, wrapping your arms around his dusty torso in relief.

"It's a long story...Look, a literal titan is coming with the biggest army in the universe, and we need to stop him," Bruce explained hastily. You leaned away from him, giving him a confused and worried look before throwing the same look to Stephen. "Where's everyone else? We need all the help we can get."

"We need to call my brother, don't we?" you sighed. You had kept your and Stephen's relationship on the down low from your brother, simply because you knew Tony wouldn't approve. It was a problem in the past that seemed ridiculous now in comparison to the literal universe possibly ending.

"This may not be the best context to tell him in," Stephen said like he read your mind.

"Right...right, there's a bigger problem right now, and we don't need his disapproval in the mix," you said, nervously pulling at your fingers and staring at the floor. "You're sure we need to involve him in this?" You dragged your gaze up to Stephen's. He looked disappointed when nodding. You sighed in fear at the thought of your brother involved in yet another catastrophic and PTSD inducing calamity. Stephen leaned forward to place a comforting kiss on your forehead before opening a portal to wherever your brother was at that moment.

You paced around the sanctum while your boyfriend convinced your brother to hear them out, Bruce helping out as well. Then, Tony was in the sanctum with the rest of you, and confusion splashed across his face when he saw you.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing here?" he asked, with what could only be described as suspicion in his eyes.

"When you see someone crash like a meteor into a building, you're going to go in to investigate." You hoped he couldn't hear the nervousness in your voice. Tony squinted in your direction, and you furrowed your brows like you didn't know why he'd be suspicious.

"So," Tony started, turning towards Stephen and Bruce, "you said the universe is at stake. Explain."

Wong and Bruce launched into an explanation of the impending doom, but you were focused on Tony and Stephen. This was not the time you wanted your brother to find out about your boyfriend. They both had a tendency to let their egos get away from them, and that did not mix. You guys were close as siblings, but he always got protective with you dating, so you avoided the subject.

"We're protecting your reality, douche bag." Stephen's condescending comment pulled you from your thoughts, and you saw the two of them face to face with their shoulders squared back, and impatient looks on their faces.

"Alright break it up. We're on the same side here," you said while standing between Tony and Stephen. Facing your brother, it was easy to see his anger towards Stephen rising.

"And who's we, exactly?" Tony asked, looking between you and Stephen, with the suspicion turning into a knowing yet pissed expression.

You felt Stephen's hand graze yours ever so slightly but you kept your gaze firm at Tony. "Look, we have to find Vision, right? As long as we have the mind stone, Thanos doesn't," you said based off the skimming your ears did of the explanation. Bruce nodded in response.

"Okay, so, only one problem... We lost track of Vision. Turned off his transmitter two weeks ago," Tony sighed.

"Steve could find him," you added and he visibly tensed.

"So, call him," Bruce said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"It's not that easy, anymore. Not since Tony and him had an idiotic pissing match at an airport-"

"Y/N-"

"Call him," you said firmly. Tony begrudgingly whipped out the flip phone Steve gave him with a shake of his head. But before he could dial, an almost unnatural wind started sweeping through the sanctum.

"Say Doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair right now, would you?" he asked which caused you to notice his hair blowing in the sudden wind.

"Not at the moment, no," he responded calmly, but curious himself. The five of you rushed outside upon hearing a rising commotion.

People were running down the street, cars were crashing, and any and all objects were sifting haphazardly through the street. Wong and Bruce helped a man who crashed his car into a pole, and you hurriedly walked with Stephen and Tony towards the source of the destruction.

"Doc, might want to put that time stone in your back pocket," Tony said, to which Stephen shook his head in disagreement.

"Might want to use it." He combined his hands in a spell to prepare himself as you all rounded the corner. A giant spinning ship floated above the skyline, and you tried to suppress the fear starting to rise in your chest.

You activated your very own suit you and Tony made to allow you to teleport at will, and prepared for whatever was about to come of the ship.

"No way, Y/N, stay out of this one," Tony said with a hand on your shoulder like he was pushing you from danger.

"Like hell I will," you grumbled, and you saw Stephen smirk out of the corner of your eye. This should be interesting...what could go wrong?

__________________________________

Alright, this was a request from @avengerlocked and I loved it! I've wanted to write for Dr. Strange for a while, and this was a great idea! I'll definitely continue this, since this chapter was mainly exposition. Anyway, vote, comment, and request!