Scarlet said coldly, “Of course not.” Not to mention he was no elder now.

“If not,” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu reasoned, “Then the tribe doesn’t get to interfere with the leader’s choice in spouse.”

“You!”

Scarlet’s anger wasn’t light. She had struck him in a sore spot and he couldn’t refute. This female looked soft and weak, but he hadn’t expected her words to draw blood.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu no longer spoke to Scarlet and turned to walk into the house.

Suzanna was half-sitting at the bedside and her neck injury was bandaged up. It had been stitched with a needle and was gradually recovering. Maybe it was because of the excessive blood loss that day, but Suzanna’s face was drained of blood. She saw Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu walk in. Her first sentence was, “Did you save me that day?” Her voice was hoarse, and almost too low to be heard.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu nodded, then thought and added,”I didn’t really do anything, just called for your tribe.”

Suzanna looked at her and probably thought that this female herbivore couldn’t possibly defeat a tiger, so she didn’t refute this sentence.

Between a girl and a tiger, there was nothing left to say.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and Suzanna were not very familiar with each other, not to mention the language barrier between them. That sentence alone had scratched all the leopard tongue Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had learned.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu didn’t stay too long. Seeing Suzanna needed nothing, she went to leave. As she went, Suzanna said to her.

It wasn’t until she was on the road that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu understood what that sentence meant.

“I don’t like you very much, but thank you very much.”

*

Returning to Ryan’s courtyard, it was already noon.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu went into the kitchen and began to prepare the noon meal.

Recently it had gotten cold, so she planned to make a hot pot, and her space still had many fresh ingredients as well as those for her hot pot.

Just as she took out the pan and filled it halfway with water, she heard a low voice at the door asking, “Where’d you go?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu shook her hands and almost threw the pot to the ground, but behind her, a pair of hands stretched out to hold the bottom of it, enclosing her entire body in his arms.

The atmosphere that followed Ryan around was overwhelming, and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was caught off guard.

“I. . . I went to visit Suzanna.” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s ears blushed without warning. Then her whole face went red and she hesitated.

“To see how she was?” Ryan frowned.
Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu: “Last time, she was hurt so badly, I wanted to see if she was getting better. . .”

“Did you meet Scarlet?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu nodded, “En.”