46

“Scarlet, you’re looking for death.”

Ryan suppressed his anger and slowly squeezed a curse from the depths of his throat, turning away from Scarlet’s house.

Scarlet’s figure flashed in an instant.

Before Ryan had become the chief, he had been on the leopard elders. He could be said to have survived two leaders before, so he liked to think he had seniority.

For example, this issue with Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu. Scarlet had to make his decision for the breeding of the race. He thought that even if Ryan was angry, he would eventually be pressured into compromising.

However, now, it seems otherwise.

When Ryan arrived in the backstreet where the females lived, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had disappeared.

A wounded male beastman lay in front of him and was surrounded by several helpless females.

When Ryan stepped forward, he saw the other’s hand was pierced by a blade and there was fragments of a firecracker on his body. Ryan’s eyes sharpened. He stretched out his claws and clutched the top of his neck to lift him off the ground, squeezing tightly as he said dangerously, “Where is she?”

These kinds of strange things could only come from Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s space.

The male beastman was wounded in the stomach and groaned in agony, “Who?”
Ryan’s voice was cold, “My female.”

The male saw Ryan’s face and his body shook. His whole body was alert and though he didn’t know why Ryan had appeared, he subconsciously said, “. . . she went there.”

Ryan threw him heavily backward on the ground and went in the direction he had pointed.

The male breathed a sigh of relief and thought he had not escaped. He did not expect Ryan to leave behind a sentence, “Once, I said whoever dared to get ideas about her can leave the race. Pierce, you know what to do.”

On the last hunting trip, Corey had jokingly talked about Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu, and Ryan had warned the tribe then. Pierce had also been there.

Pierce heard these words and he was astonished. He endured the pain and sat up, “Chief, you. . .”

Ryan’s face was expressionless, “Be warned. I mean immediately.”

Olympus stood in the back and looked at Ryan’s leaving back, her face changing.
Chief Ryan had actually came to this place personally for that female. . .

Olympus thought that Ryan had only felt “saving grace” for that female, but it was far from that.

Was it true what the tribe were saying? That he would violate the rules of the clan and monopolize that female?

However, Olympus turned to think. What if Ryan really found that female? The rules of the leopards were simple. Unless he wanted to become the enemy of the entire tribe, he could not poke the anger of his people.

*

When the minute hand pointed to five o’clock, it was going to get dark soon.