36

Ryan’s face was expressionless and his claws holding Holden were like pliers.

With a “creak”, the bones trembled.

Holden lifted his gaze to Ryan’s dark eyes and grinned, dismissively, “Oh, you were not defeated?”

These years, the wolf population had continued to develop and the number of descendants proliferated. They were growing exponentially, and the tribe was getting crowded, so they had the idea of taking the leopard’s opposite valley.

The leopards occupied the entire valley which was ten times larger than the wolves’ territory.

Ryan, who was the leader of the leopards, had naturally refused to budge and repeatedly pushed Holden and his people out again.

Holden knew that the leopards liked to be on their own, so he led dozens of his people to attack Ryan while he was alone.

Holden then sneaked in from the side and personally tore Ryan’s back leg, wounding him severely.

Although the means weren’t glorious, as long as they won, rules didn’t matter for wolves.

“So satisfied with your first victory, aren’t you wolves thinking too highly of yourselves?”

Ryan’s voice was indifferent and he did not put eyes on Holden’s provocation. He turned slightly to look at the girl standing to the side.

Perhaps frightened, the girl was pale and her eyes opened wide, bright and clear as they stared at him, astonished.

When Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu slid down the tree, the tip of her nose was rubbed raw by the bark and her sleeves were stained. The top sides of her shoes were wet with blood from the wolves’ last meal, and her whole body looked like she’d experienced a disaster, both sloppy and miserable.

Ryan’s heart sank and the repressed emotions from yesterday seemed to finally find a breakthrough. He silently bent down and wrapped one arm around her supple waist, the other under her legs, and lifted her from the ground without explanation.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu suddenly soar up into the air and she unconsciously wrapped her arms around Ryan’s neck, then remembered her failed “escape attempt” and quickly loosened her hands.

“What, what are you doing here?”

She heard Suzanna say that Ryan and his hunting trip encountered some trouble and they were going to return to the race a little later than expected. So she had decided to leave yesterday.

But. . . how did he get back so soon?? (the wife senses were tingling)

How did he know she was there? (the built in wife-radar)

Did he come specifically to find her? (of course, wife)

These series of question marks hung around her head, when she say the tight restraint in Ryan’s eyes, they all turned into air and she swallowed them to her belly.

Okay. . . it was her fault for leaving without saying goodbye.

He should be angry too.