5

“Eric, why are you coming back so early today?”

“How are things looking? When will the leopard race leave the mountain? . . .”

“Eric, another two people were hurt today. . .”

Eric was the grandson of the clan’s oldest patriarch, but he was also the race’s youngest and strongest warrior. He was kindhearted, and usually, people liked to ask him for help.

The leopard beastmen were disturbing their race, so Eric volunteered to go look at the mountains. Now, everyone was concerned.

However, the quick succession of questions were left unanswered as the clansmen caught sight of the petite woman behind Eric. Stunned, they all turned their attention to Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu.

Eric was of the reindeer race, and their general size was rather large. Both male and females were tall and strong.

Standing beside him, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not even reach Eric’s chest.

She was very small, slight in stature, with a thin neck that looked as though a pinch would snap it in two.

Compared to their bodies covered with hair, her smooth skin and hairless body was the appearance of a child not yet fully grown.

Faced with the doubts of his clansmen, Eric took the initiative to explain, “Her name is Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu, I met her on the mountain. She was separated from her race, and I invited her to stay overnight. She will leave the mountain after the danger is over.”

Danger naturally referred to the leopard race.

The beastmen did not speak, and continued to stare at Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu with suspicion in their eyes.

This girl did not appear to be the same race as them, and she wore a strange style of dress. Wouldn’t she just cause trouble?”

One could not blame these people for their thoughts. Recently, too many of their own had been injured, and everyone was endangered.

Eric was perceptive of everyone’s thoughts so he quickly said, “She is like us, herbivorous. Smell it, she has the scent of peppermint.”

At this remark, the reindeer beastmen raised there sensitive noses and really picked up the scent of grass.

In a split second, they lay down their guard and revealed friendly smiles to Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu.

“That being the case, it is better to live at my house. My family has a spare room.”

“We have a new species of corn this year. I don’t know if you would like to try it? I’ll bring a little over.”

“What is your race? You look like a minor, your parents will be worried.”

. . .

The reindeer race really was friendly and good-natured.

Once aware that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was not a threat to them, they became very cordial.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu barely managed to smile, her fingers tightly holding the sachet at her waist, which she quickly hid behind her.