43

Well. . .

Her face was wet as if someone had rubbed sandpaper against it, washing her face with something coarse. Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu couldn’t help but frown.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu rolled over and buried her cheek in the quilt, trying to avoid the annoyances bothering her sleep.

But it didn’t work.

The other person only paused slightly and shifted the target from her cheek to her ear.

He swept his tongue gently over her ear then stuck her entire ear in his mouth. The tongue slightly scrapped against her ears and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s ear slightly hurt.

The felt kind of like she was back home.

The short-haired cat she kept at home liked to lick her face in the middle of the night.. She was too sleepy to think about it though.
The next day, half of her cheek would be red with blood but also tracing around her mouth.

This tongue was as rough as her cat’s.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not want to experience that again, so she groaned and stretched her hands out from the blanket to fend it off.

The palm of her hand touched plush fur, which was much larger than the cat she raised. Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu pushed and pushed but it didn’t move.

The licking of her ear continued, but Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s itch slowly stretched down to her neck and she reluctantly opened her eyes. . .

In front of her eyes was dark grey fur spotted in lighter shades. Further up, she saw a leopard lying on his side with his tail hanging off the bed, leisurely sweeping back and forth.

He saw her wake up and stretched out his tongue to lick her cheek again.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu stayed styll and faced his blue eyes, waking up all at once. She hide her face behind her hands, “You. . .”

Perhaps because he was deliberately light, but she wasn’t in much pain but a little itchy. However, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was ashamed and quickly said, “Didn’t you promise yesterday that you won’t casually kiss me. You. . . how can you do something like this?”

The large leopard jerked his tail and felt no shame in hearing her say such. His voice in his animal form was deeper and rougher, “Don’t think too much about it. I’m just waking you up.”

Since shifting to his beast form, all the gauze on his body was cracking and the deep wounds were particularly obvious in front of Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu.

“. . .”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu suddenly remembered that animals, especially cats, really liked to lick each other’s wounds or use their tongues to clean their fur.

. . . But her face was hairless! Why did he wake her up this way?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu felt depressed and looked out the window. The sky wasn’t bright yet and was marked by a cyan shell in the distance. She looked down at her watch and it was only 5:40.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu raised her hand to wipe away the saliva on her face. It was sticky, so her mouth pursed into a tight line.

Anyway, she couldn’t sleep anymore. She got out of bed and went outside to wash her face, taking out toothpaste and a toothbrush to brush her teeth.