37

“Put me down, Ryan, I can’t go back with you.”

Seeing the leopard tribe in front of her, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu finally hurried to say aloud.

Although she was very grateful for Ryan saving her from the wolves, it did not mean that she would return to the race with him.

She finally walked so far and he brought her back again, when would she be able to go home?

Just as she said this, Ryan suddenly jumped from the high mountain side and into the air. The arm holding her leg suddenly came loose.

The mountain peaks were steep and perfectly vertical, almost no cushion between them at all.

The cold wind blasted against her cheeks and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s heart trembled. She wondered why Ryan suddenly let her go, but took the initiative to hug his body, her slender legs wrapping around his waist. Her entire body was terrified.

Falling from the peak of a hundred meter tall peak felt about the same as a modern day roller coaster.

The wind whistled straight into her ears.

Until the moment they landed on the ground, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s mind was still blank.

Ryan gathered himself and looked at the pale face of the girl in front of him. Clearing his throat, he began to calculate her account, “Why did you leave without saying anything?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s face was panicked and her legs shifted subconsciously toward the road, “I didn’t leave without saying so. . . I told you before.”

Ryan frowned: “When?”

“Not long ago. Before you went out to hunt. . . you promised I could go when my injury was better.” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu still koala-hugged Ryan’s shoulders and did not realize how close the two of them were. When Ryan asked something, she answered, “Now that my injury has healed, there’s no need to stay.”

Ryan’s eyes flashed.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu saw him give no response and struggled to get down, “Let me down. . . Ryan.”

Ryan was unmoved and asked in response, “When you leave the leopard tripe, you’re going to the east side of the continent?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu felt sluggish but quickly nodded.
Ryan: “Do you want to find Pat?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu asked in disbelief, “How do you know?”

She had never told him that she was going to the easternmost side of Bornia.

Ryan did not answer, stepping forward to ask, “Find him for what?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu bit her lower lip and initially did not want to answer. But, on second thought, Ryan already knew she was human and there was no need to hide certain things.

“Eric’s grandfather told me that Pat is well-informed. If I found him. . . I might have the opportunity to go home.”

Otherwise, she would already be an alien in this world with no race, no attribution, and no reason.

When Ryan relaxed a little, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu broke free of his arms and hopped to the ground. Sorting out herself, she confirmed that nothing had been lost and said to Ryan, “I thank you for taking care of me for these past few days. And thank you for saving me just now. . . but I’m leaving, Táo Táo.”