Draco...

I didn't have to wait long, but when he got here, what I saw nearly brought tears to my eyes.

The bags beneath his eyes were almost as purple as a vampires, and his skin almost as pale. His hair was unkempt and his eyes bloodshot. His robes were tussled and bruises littered his face. The way he walked, more like limped, showed how much he was in pain even though he was trying desperately to hide it.

I wanted to stand up and ran to him, but instead I sat there, starring at him.

"You wanted to speak with me?" I tried to keep my voice level, but it came out forced and scratchy. He flinched as my voice cracked, his grey eyes never meeting my emerald ones.

He didn't speak and instead sat on the wall opposite of me, his back against the door and his heels only a few feet away from mine.

"Well?" This time my voice was less scratchy and more angry and annoyed. Again, he flinched.

He looked at the ground, his nose scrunching up in disgust, still not responding.

I let out an annoyed sigh and leaned back, my eyes fixed on the ceiling.

I don't know how long we sat there before I hear a frail voice rasp, "I'm sorry." I looked at the blonde-haired boy, his haunted grey eyes looking directly into mine. He didn't continue, but his eyes held my gaze. It seemed to take everything in him to keep my gaze and not just collapse on the floor.

My eyes flick to the floor before returning to his face that was now blurred with incoming tears. "Why? Why do you put yourself through this, put me through this?!" The tears that I worked so hard to repress fell freely across my scarred, dirty face.

He recoiled, suprised by my out-burst before his face turned cold. "Why, because I have no choice!" Behind his cold exterior I see the scared boy Draco is. The boy that has been tortured and put into impossible situations by his own father. I see the boy who's never been shown real love before, a boy who works so hard for the approval his father will never give him. But mostly, I see the boy that I've gradually fallen in love with, but can never have.

"I know." My face goes back to being tired as I look back up at the ceiling, counting the cracks one by one.

One

I hear him stand,

Two

His footsteps eco in the small, empty room,

Three

His presents in beside me,

Four

He's sitting next to me,

Five

I feel his head rest on my shoulder and his minty breath wash across my face,

Six

The words he said still eco in my head to this day,

Seven

"They have the trio."