Engagement Ring (65)

Start from the beginning

Jungkook was in awe. Seokjin knew more about him than himself. What else could be a reason for Jungkook to not fall in love with a man like him?

Jungkook: "I-is this the reason why you've been working in a secret?..."
He asked while calming his hiccups.

Seokjin nodded with a smile.
Jin: "Not only that, but it's also about time for me to get a job. Although this was the reason why I've started, but I'm glad that I'm working at a restaurant which I truly love. I'll work hard and earn a stable income for both of us."

Jungkook: "Thank you... it's really very pretty, it must've been so expensive..."
He looked at his finger and touched the ring delicately, afraid he'll break the precious ring with just one light tap.

Jin: "Don't sweat it, you deserve the whole world if I could give it to you."
A shy smile broke into Jungkook's lips and he pecked Seokjin's cheek silently.

Jin: "Seriously? Just a peck on my cheek? That's all I'm getting tonight? No kisses on my lips from my husband?"
He puckered his lips out playfully.

Jungkook blushed heavily at his new status— Seokjin's husband. He leaned in slowly and kissed the older's mellow plump lips, gently and endearingly.

Seokjin wasted no time as he cupped Jungkook's cheeks and kissed him back. Jungkook was finally his, and they've gone through a lot in the past to get till this stage. Although there will be more problems to come in the future, neither of them will back down and give up.

They parted after a few more seconds and both of them panted for breath.
Jungkook: "W-would dad allow it?..."

Jin: "Well... most probably not... at least not now, since he always emphasizes on us completing our education first..."
Jungkook looked down sadly.

Jungkook: "O-oh, right..."
He tried to hide the pain in his voice by smiling, but he still failed miserably.

Jin: "Hey, look at me."
He furrowed his eyebrows and placed his hands on Jungkook's soft cheeks.

Jin: "You're just two years away from graduating college and during these two years, I can focus more on my career. You'll study hard in order to get a good job in the future, while I'll work hard and earn more than enough money to plan a grand wedding to swoop you off your feet in the future."

Jungkook: "Really?... We just have to wait for two more years before both of us can finally get married for real?..."
Seokjin nodded and hugged him.

Jin: "Yes, I promise. And during these two years, we won't love each other less than we do now. If any, our love will only increase as each day passes..."

Jungkook was smiling so hard that his cheeks are starting to ache and hurt.

Jungkook: "You better keep your promise with me or I'll break your spine! But if we can only get married after two more years, why did you buy the ring and give it to me right now?..."
He asked curiously.

Jin: "It can't be a wedding ring now, so it'd be our engagement ring instead."
Jungkook tilted his head to the side.

What's the difference?

Seokjin pulled away from the hug and chuckled upon seeing the confusion written all over Jungkook's face.

Jin: "It's a ring to show others that you're mine, and they should stay the fuck away from you. Since the necklace I've gotten you for your 18th birthday doesn't really do its job, the ring on your finger ought to. More importantly, it's because I'm afraid that it'll be gone if I waited for any moment longer."
He took Jungkook's hand and admired the glistening sparkle of the diamond.

Jungkook: "Did you choose it yourself?"

Jin: "Of course. The first time I've set my eyes on this ring, it reminded me of the first time we met. You remember?"

Jungkook: "In the..."

Jin: "Hospital."
He reminded and Jungkook nodded.

Jin: "The first time we met, you were trying to suffocate yourself with a pillow... do you remember how I've told you that my mom did the same too?"
Jungkook had a short flashback of that for a while and he nodded in sadness.

Jin: "The moment I've yanked the pillow away from your face, you looked up at me with your eyes wide with sparkly tears. That was the moment I knew, I'd better protect this boy with all my life."

Jungkook: "Jin hyung..."
He brought Seokjin into a hug again as tears poured out of his brown eyes.

Jin: "Come on. Stop crying, crybaby."
He rubbed circles on his back.

Jungkook: "I-I can't! I'm just... really thankful and happy... I've started out with nothing. No family, nobody. But you told your dad that you wanted me in your life, and at that time I was really afraid that you're just saying it in a heat of the moment... I'm really glad I came into this house... if we've never met, I wonder where would I be now?"

Jin: "Definitely not in my embrace."
He joked playfully.

Jin: "We'd always meet, no matter where or when. It's fate, it's our destiny, and I wouldn't let anyone change it."
Jungkook nodded and smiled happily.

Jin: "Now stop crying and we go get some supper, how does that sound?"
He patted Jungkook's back.

Jungkook: "Alright..."
He released Seokjin from the hug.

Jungkook: "I love you... so, so much!"
He pecked the older's tempting plump lips one last time, then ran into his room to change his out of his pyjamas.

Jin: "Did I do it correctly?..."
He asked himself with a sigh of relief.

Jin: "Well, he seems to love the ring— fortunately... he even cried buckets earlier so I think I nailed it, right?..."