🌹 Chapter XX

Beth happily plays with my freshly-cut hair. My head is in her lap as we watch TV together in silence. There's a loud crash on the movie and Beth jumps.

"Shut up, that wasn't funny," Beth mumbles as I start to laugh. "This movie's scary."

"Then watch a different one. I'm not picky." Beth sighs and grabs the remote, flipping through the channels. I sit up, stretching my back. Beth runs her hand up my neck and I quietly sigh.

"Will you take off your shirt for me?" Beth murmurs, wrapping her arms around me. "Pretty please?"

"Any other requests?"

"That you kiss me. And that you take your pants off."

"Beth, I- you know I can't," I mumble.

"Come on, Via," Beth whines. "I just want to know. And I also want to see your sexy legs."

"That is the one thing I won't do," I sigh. "Understand?"

"But--"

"I won't argue about it, Beth." I turn around, practically ripping my shirt off as I knock her down on the couch. "Why don't we have some fun, instead?"

"That sounds great," Beth whispers. I roughly kiss her and she squeaks out a moan. I pull away to get her shirt off, then continue kissing her. She tilts her head up, giving me access to her neck. "Have fun."

"With pleasure," I whisper. I lightly kiss her throat, before moving to the sides of her neck. Her hand rests at the nape of my neck, and she gasps as my lips brush her sweet spot. "Yes?"

"Please," Beth breathes. I smile and start to roughly kiss her neck, sucking on her soft skin. I feel her hand slide through my curls, tightly gripping a handful of my hair. She sharply yanks my hair, pulling me away from her neck as I lowly moan. "I'm good."

"You sure?" I whisper, gently trying to pry her hand out of my hair. "Then will you release me?"

"Nope. Not unless you let me braid your hair."

"My hair isn't long enough for you to do that."

"Tiny braids. Ooh, I can give you dreadlocks!"

"No. Absolutely not." Beth pouts, tightening her hold on my hair. "Ow!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" she squeaks, loosening her grip. I grab her wrists, pinning them above her head. She looks at me with wide eyes. I kiss her and she parts her lips. I tongue-kiss her for a few moments before releasing her hands.

I sit up and Beth slowly pushes herself up, panting. I smirk at her and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"You're cute like this," I say, studying her. The left side of her neck is almost completely purple with hickeys, her forehead is sweaty, and her hair is completely messed up.

"S- Shut up," she mumbles. She sniffs, wiping her nose.

"What's wrong? I ask, alarms shrieking in my head. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Beth holds out her hands, and I see that her wrists are bruised. My eyes widen and I gasp.

"I'm so sorry, I whisper. Beth sniffles, hugging herself. Beth, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me--"

"It's fine. I gently pull her into my arms, and she presses her face into my shoulder. I didn't want to stop you. You were enjoying it."

"No, Beth. That's not how this works," I whisper. "I value your consent far more than my enjoyment. Give me your hands."

Beth pulls back and sets her hands in mine. I kiss her wrists, gently rubbing them. Beth sighs, giving me a small smile.

"Well, now's as good a time as any," I mutter. I roll off the couch, falling onto one knee. Beth gasps, her eyes wide. "Beth, I know we've been through some rough times. But I love you. More than anything else in the world. Will you promise to marry me?"

"N- No," Beth mumbles.

"W- What?" I stammer. "Why?"

"I'm not ready for that commitment. I mean, I love you, too. But, you're always at school and I'm at work. I just don't think it would work out if we got married now."

"Oh. No, no!" I say hurriedly. "It's a promise ring, not an engagement ring!"

"Oh." Beth blushes darkly, staring at her lap. She holds out her hand, nodding. "Yeah. I- I'd love to."

I take her hand, sliding the plain, silver ring onto her finger. She smiles, studying the ring. I get up from the floor, sitting back down on the couch.

"Cuddles?" I whisper. Beth happily tucks her head under my arm, wrapping her blanket around herself. "I love you."

"I love me, too. I think." I stroke her hair, closing my eyes.

A/N

Am I exhausted? Absolutely.

Thanks a lot, tech week. Being prop manager is stressful.

Anyway, thank you for following this trilogy!

Love y'all!