When A Friend Leaves

🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭
A/N: Drawing a blank here....
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜CJ💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

"We should go somewhere…" Amber said to Catie while she picked up toys. She just continued to pick up the toys instead of acknowledging her. Amber noticed she seemed a little more stressed today. Catie cleans everything when she gets that way. Amber followed her to the kids room where Perseus and Calliope were playing cops and robbers. 

"What's wrong?" Amber asked picking up the blankets off the floor. 

"Just the usual." Sighed Catie.

Amber knew what that meant, so she placed the blankets on Calliope's bunk bed, then wrapped her arms around Catie and laid her head against her back.  

"It'll be okay.. things always work out." 

"Yea.." Catie agrees weakly as she goes back towards the living room, which was spotless. So, she wandered to the kitchen and started scrubbing the counters. 

*whoosh* Amber's phone went off. Catie looked over at her curious. 

((Namjoon: Hey do you want to go to lunch?))

((Reply to Namjoon: Sure. 😁))

((Namjoon: Can you bring Callie bug and Perseus? They have a playground.))

Amber smiled. 

((Reply to Namjoon: Of course. Catie won't mind. Plus it looks like she could use a break.))

((Namjoon: 😁 See you in 15 min))

"Namjoon?" Questioned Catie with a smile.

"Yea… He wants to meet for lunch, and he wants the babies to come too."

Catie laughed, "Everyone loves my babies."

Amber nodded then yelled, "BABIES!! WE ARE GOING TO LUNCH WITH NAMJOON!!!"

She could hear them come running down the hallway with excited giggles. 

"YAY JOONIE!!" Cheered Calliope. Perseus was already throwing on his Lightning McQueen sneakers.

Catie watched as her babies danced around getting their shoes on all happy like. She could tell that they liked this guy. Amber had told her about him, and how Calliope had to check to see if he was okay. 

"I'm sure it will be fun." Catie smiled going back to scrubbing the counters. 

Amber sighed as she watched her clean vigorously, which was frustrating. But, it helped her feel better. 

Calliope ran over grabbing her mom's leg.
"Mommy… mommy!" 

Catie smiled down at her, "yes baby."

"Are you going to come too!" She asked smiling with her chubby cheeks squishing her eyes. 

Catie looked over at Amber then back at Calliope. "Not this time baby. Mommy has some things to do. Next time for sure." 

Calliope's face fell a little, but quickly recovered when her brother jumped in front of her causing her to squeal and run off laughing.  Amber watched as they ran, moving over to where Catie was now washing dishes. 

"Catie?" she said quieter than usual. Catie glanced over at her. "Shénme?" She asked 'what' in Chinese.  

"You know he's just a friend right?" 

Catie raised an eyebrow. "Why does that matter?"

"Uh ...well, I just wanted you to know that." She said as she took Catie's hands in hers. "Because, you're my person."