Chapter Four- Planes

En başından başla

               Max finally gets off her phone realizing the tension in the car. She smirks at me knowing what is going through my head and starts to make small talk with Jack.

            "How's Maria these days?"

               "She's as annoying as ever," Jack says with a grimace, "Thank god she's going back to Florence soon."

               Max laughs, "She has got to be one of the worst people in your family to get stuck in a conversation with." Jack nods, "I ran into her on the train last week, and she wouldn't shut up the entire time."

             Jack scuffs, "You haven't had to spend a holiday with her."

              The two keep going back and forth about this Maria girl who apparently is Jack's cousin, I look out the window listening into their conversation. I can tell that they seem to know each other better than I thought. For some reason my heart feels heavy that Max somehow knows more about Jacks family than I do- I know it's irrational... besides, it's not like I care anyways.

                  Max has never been one to share about her family at all when in contrast I have always been extremely open- I don't hide secrets well. But I guess we figured that out when I tried to hide from Jack after the dance. But for some reason, Jack already seems to know her family history which is extremely weird unless the two used to be friends or something. I place my head on the window watching the lights flash by- I can tell that theirs something unspoken happening between those two. Max always gets a different tone in her voice when she is hiding something, and I can tell that is what is happening now. Thinking back, I can remember that Max had warned me about going up to Jack in the club when I was drunk. I wish I had stayed and pushed for more information when she had alcohol in her system and would tell me why Jack suddenly was so dangerous.

               Turning my head, I watch him drive from the back seat, seeing his jawbone move whenever he answers Max, and the smile dimples in his cheeks when they mention a funny memory the two shares. The lights that we pass glow against his face, showing his bright green eyes, watching the light go and come I can feel my body slowly relaxing against the door and my eyes closing. I don't see how anyone so 'dangerous' can be so calming.

             "Dawn!" I smile as I fly into the air- dancing in a beautiful field of wildflowers, "DAWN" someone screams again. I turn around looking for the voice, "Will you just grab her? I've never met such a sound sleeper." I feel myself being lifted and my eyes start to open.

                 Looking around I see that I'm not only in the air but I'm being picked up by Jack. I look at him with huge eyes and grab on to his shoulders worried that I'm going to fall.

                 "I'm not going to drop you, calm down." Jack laughs at my reaction. I still hold on tight as I look over his shoulder and see the side of the plane.

               "What the hell?" I say in shock wondering if I was still dreaming. Jack sets me down as I realize that he has literally driven up next to the plane. "You're going to get us arrested!" I whisper scream, as I look around not understanding why none of the workers seem concerned that we are right next to the plane.

             Max comes around the other side of the car, with our bags in hand, "Time to go, Dawn, you guys can have your time after we get back from the trip." She winks at me... or maybe it was Jack... I'm not all that sure.

            Still, in shock, I walk over to Maxine and grab my bag. I want to inside as soon as possible before we get into trouble. Max leads the way and to my surprise, the workers don't bat an eyelash, in fact, they let us in the building and right into the boarding bridge. When we get to the door of the plane the check our tickets, some guy takes our bags than they let us go sit down.

             I'm 90% sure I'm still dreaming. We take our seats, Max on the window seat and me in the outer seat.

            I look to Max and whisper, "Why didn't we get in trouble for..." I point my finger between us. 

           Max laughs, "That's because Jack's family has connections." I give her a WTF look, "He called ahead and had us cleared so they already knew we were coming."

           "You can do that??" I answer still whispering.

             "You can do just about anything if you know the right people," Max smiles, "Or if you are the right person."

             I rub my eyes and sigh, still feeling drowsy from my nap earlier. Moving my hand to cover my mouth as I yawn I realize that I now have a sweatshirt on that I didn't before. For a moment I just stare at my arms. Before I look to Max with a helpless look.

           "Max.... I'm so fucking confused..." I'm too tired for all of this, I barely have gotten any sleep at all.

           Laughing at me, Max starts to dig into her carry on and hands me a pill, "Here this will knock you out for the flight... and I think you need to sleep."

             I grab the pill and reach for my water bottle, "But the sweatshirt...?" I swallow the pill and look at Max.

            "Jack said you looked cold so, he gave you one of his." She shrugs, "I don't really know why. He's a guy so I never really get what the hell they're thinking."

            Sighing at her response I decided to give up at this point. Looking up I see that others are starting to board the plane. I just need sleep and will figure this out tomorrow. 

**********

Did someone say double update??

Next Stop is Vegas!  I'm not saying that the girls going to have a wild time in Vegas but I'm not saying that they won't either...

Next update this FRIDAY <3 thank you loves!