Chapter Four- Planes

"Dawn we need to go NOW!" Max yells from the door as I grab my freshly packed bag, with one of my socks half off my foot- one of the worst feelings in the world. I stop in the hallway to fix it.

            Seeing that I stopped Max starts yelling again, "Come on! I can't believe that you waited to pack until this morning, if we miss this flight, I'm blaming it on you." I half jump to my feet giving Max a sheepish smile knowing that she is beyond right. But hey, I've always been super late for well... everything.

              Throwing on my sneakers we both run out the door locking it behind us. I can feel the blood and adrenaline flowing through my veins, I look at my phone for the time showing 1:25 am with our flight leaving at 3 am we are stressing out, to say the least. Still needing to get to JFK and to get through security- we are pushing it to say the least. Running out the front of our apartment building I see a car waiting by the sidewalk.

              "Did you order a taxi?" I ask looking to Max, as the driver comes out of the car. Max is the cheapest person I know- she would rather miss a flight than pay extra for Uber or a taxi.

             "No.." Max slows her jog and moves in front of me from the blacked-out van in front of us. I move to look around her but she keeps blocking me until I see her relax when she sees the face of the driver.

              "Dude now's not the time we got a flight to catch..." Max starts

               "I know, but I happen to know that she," The familiar voice says referring to me, "is always late."

                  I finally get my head around Max and her bags to see a cocky looking Jack standing there. My shock and embarrassment coming straight to my checks turning them red as possible.

             Max grabs my arm and starts moving me, "Come on! We need this ride if we are going to make it there on time!" My feet slowly start moving still in shock that not only is Jack here and that Max doesn't seem surprised nor concerned that he was waiting for us outside of our apartment building.

             Jack takes both of our suitcases to the back of the car and Max pulls us into the back of the car. I give her a weird look at comfortable she is in this weird car, with Jack who she warned me against, and how she was the one who expected his invitation for a ride at like 1:30 in the morning.

              Jack jumps into the front seat and starts driving towards JFK.... Again, how exactly does he know what airport we are even using? I look to Max to question what the hell is happening but she is already texting one of the girls from her dance crew that we were on our way. I've had a feeling that Max might like this girl as more than a friend but I haven't brought it up with her yet.

                 Not wanting to interrupt Max flirting next to me, I look forward and see Jack watching me in the rearview mirror. My face gets hot again and I look away. Looking out the window I can see that the windows are blacked out so no one can see inside, and they look specially made. Something of very strong material, they don't look completely normal. Everything in the car is completely black in color, the seats, the carpets... everything. Even Jack himself is dressed all in black, wearing black slacks and a black button-up. He almost looks like he is uniform. It's not like I'm checking him out anyways.

             The embarrassment coming back once again once I realize what I am wearing myself. My outfit was not only thrown together in my big rush to pack this morning but is also something that is most comfortable for me. I rub my hands on my grey baggy sweatpants which are my absolute favorite, and a very loose t-shirt hangs off my body. Nothing that I am wearing shows any kind of shape at all, not that I would want him to see that either....