Chapter 1. Bella

(BELLA'S POV)

(BELLA'S POV)

    I had recently found out about Edwards attempt at suicide. To say I was scared and worried was an understatement, I was terrified. Alice and I had just arrived in Volterra, the car ride was partially silent as Alice focused on trying to turn down different roads. She then stopped the car, motioning me to get out.

     Thats when I saw him. About to undo his robe. Thousands of different feelings had flooded within me, but I didn't have time to process each one. I rushed, jumping over the water fountain, and into his arms.

       "Bella?" He questioned, but I didn't reply. I just savored the feeling if being back into his arms.

         Suddenly Alice had come up next to us. But it wasn't just Alice. From behind Edward, two men stood at the door frame. One was skinny and shorter with blonde hair, and the other was tall and muscular with brown hair. I gasped. There eyes weren't like the Cullens. They were red.

          "No laws were broken. We will be leaving." Edward stated bluntly, still holding me in his arms.

           "Master Aro would like to see you." The blonde haired man sneered.

            Edward hesitated when suddenly a young girl with a gorgeous frame had appeared.

            "Master Aro wanted to see what was taking so long." She informed, venom in her voice, Edward nodded.

             I was hesitant still, but Alice had put her hand on my shoulder. "Just listen to her." She whispered, knowing full well the rest could hear it anyways.

              As we walked to the throne room, Edward explained the vampires I had just met. "The blonde haired vampire is Demetri, and the Brown haired is Felix." He pointed out.

               "The girls name is Jane. She can torture you." His voice showed a hint of worry and protection in his tone.

                 When the doors opened, another vampire spoke. Alec. Edward had talked about him to, and the rest of the volturi. He had explained more about the kings when we had seen the painting too. As much as I was thankful for the information, it seemed as though he was hiding something from me.

                  "Ah, sister. They asked you to bring back one and you brought two." He paused and glanced at me, scowling. "And a half. Such a clever girl." He smirked. Jane took kindly to the praise.

                  As we entered, the kings had sat proudly on there thrones. Aro smiling like a giddy child with his hands clasped together, Caius scowling, and Marcus with a calm expression.

                   "Ah, Bella, what a pleasant surprise." Aro remarked, an excited tone etched into his creepy smile.

(3RD PERSON POV)

                   Aro had talked quite awhile with Edward, when he grabbed Bella's hand.

                    "Interesting..." He frowned. "I see nothing..." He quickly recovered, smiling once again up at Bella. He was about to speak once more, when suddenly noises were heard. They sounded like the click of heels. Everyone in the room turned to the sound, coming from the Hallway.

                 Almost immediately, a beautiful woman came through the door. She had long silk light blonde hair and crimson lips to contradict her almost paper white skin. She too had the same rose red eye color, matching the color of her lips. She wore a long red gown, fitting her curves perfectly. She looked like a goddess. She had also worn the Volturi cloak, but instead of a silky black, it was a beautiful clean white with black accents.

 She had also worn the Volturi cloak, but instead of a silky black, it was a beautiful clean white with black accents

         Bella stared at the figure

         Bella stared at the figure. Whoever it was, she was absolutely stunning. She tore her focus away from the figure, going to look back at Aro, when she realized he wasn't there. Neither were the other two kings. As she looked back to the figure, she noticed that both the kings and high guard were crowded around the woman.

          The woman cleared her throat and in an instant everyone was back in place. The woman now seated on Aro's throne as he roamed around the room. Immediately, Bella wanted an answer.

          "Who is she?" She questioned, when suddenly she was cut off by an unforgiving Caius.

           "She is your queen and you will treat her as such." He hissed, practically spitting venom through his words. It agitated him greatly for his queen to be spoken to by someone so insignificant.

            "It's no problem, my love." The woman spoke. She smiled kindly at Caius before turning her attention towards Bella. Her kind expression had faded into more of curiosity and excitement, reminding Bella of Aro. Edward smiled slightly at the thought. Both Aro and the woman definitely had similar qualities, both including the creepyish kind smile, the curiosity and the slight want for power. But Edward knew there was something else the woman longed for more then anything. Death.

             The queen studied Bella, smirking at the humans features. Bella definitely had reminded her of her when she was still human, just slightly more clumsy and nervous. She definitely didn't mind this though, if anything she was happy to see human life back in the castle. Noticing the confused look on Bella's face, she shook her head and chuckled, the kings smiling at the sound.

"Ah, pardon me, where are my manners? Hello, My name is Caroline. I am the queen of the Volturi."