CHAPTER 08~ Her Hometown

THIRD PERSON's POV:

Next day Ayra was busy in packing while Saad was finalizing the last minute things with his friend. Saad never wanted her to go where the devil itself resides but she has her ways. 

Meanwhile Zaraan was sitting in his dungeon room with Arsh, who was busy in cleaning weapons. Yesterday's image replayed itself in Zaraan's mind, and guilt flooded him.

Sometimes he does things which he doesn't mean to. He was guilty yet his pride didn't let him express his feelings.

Just the same Ayra took a deep breath and got ready for departure. 

It was raining heavily. As the cab came to a halt near the coffee shop, her phone rang. It was Saad.

"It's raining Saadi, my phone will get wet. I'll call you when your friend turn up." Ayra said.

"Okay, okay but be safe, please." Like always.

"Okay, I will."

It was 10:30 at night, and the unknown friend too was late due to the rain. The coffee shop was considerably empty. A few waiters and a couple of people were there.

Ayra ran towards the shop, inexplicably avoiding the rain. She entered and sat at an empty table beside window. 

My hometown! She breathed. 

It was still raining hard. Ayra continued to gaze around the dimly lit street. Yellow shades of the street light flickering around the dark street, and the cold, cold night. She regretted wearing a thin cotton t-shirt.

A guy parked his car near the coffee shop and entered inside. That's when he saw her. She seated right ahead. Glasses on, Maroon; long sleeves t-shirt with faded blue jeans, a backpack on her shoulders. But more than anything it was her eyes that attracted that guy. In a weird way. She had light brown eyes , not uncommon, but still different. And they were beautiful, to say the least.

As she was enjoying the view, a guy came forward and sat at an empty chair in front of her. He called the waiter and placed his order saying, "Two cups of coffee". 

That definitely freaked her out, Guy was sure. A month old stubble yet perfectly trimmed and his almost red as blood eyes make him look dreadful, which he sure he did.

"You must be Ayra?" She heard and turned her head to find the guy with light grey eyes looking straight at her. She just nodded in response. "I'm Saad's friend!" The guy further added.

"Oh Thank God!! You scared the helI outta me". She said and sighed in relieve. The guy smiled, but said nothing.

"You know I had a hard time trying to find this place. The directions you gave me were terrible!" She mentioned and was served with two cup of coffee. 

"Sorry I couldn't come. Actually I got caught up with work." Guy said, sipping his coffee. 

.   .   . 

The car was parked a good twenty meters away from the coffee shop. Ayra put her phone under the bag. By the time they reached, both were completely drenched. The guy unlocked the car and loaded her luggage in the trunk after that he moved back and sat in the car. 

"You have some water?" Ayra asked.

Trying not to bring to her notice that there was more than enough water on the outside so as to not sound like a retard, guy said, "No."

Ayra had her bag seated on her lap from which she took out her phone and started beating the shit out of it. Guy raised his eyebrows slightly and tilted his head to see what she was up to. Hanged cell phone, Guy thought. He looked at her fingers typing on the screen with exceptional speed and noticed that her nails were not painted.

Guy looked up at her face and sure enough there was not a slightest hint of makeup. In fact, water was still dripping off her face. In order to act a hero, He took out a wet handkerchief from his pocket and extended it to her, "Here. Dry yourself." she looked up at him, straight in the eye, and grinned. 

There comes a moment in your life when you are unaware of what's going on inside you. And outside too.

Time, space, logic and everything else drop down to being mere words as certain emotions take over. It was one such moment. The guy realized again, as she looked up at him, why he was attracted to her eyes in the first place. Like the mirror of elixir, it reflected his deepest desire as he continued to gaze at her. It lasted for just a moment. One eternal moment. But the guy lived his whole life in that moment. He had never seen anything as lively and beautiful as those eyes.

The car had now started moving. Arya in no mood to talk, She closed her eyes, pushed back the seat and tried to sleep.

It was now almost 2:15 am, And it was still hours to reach the penthouse. The guy stopped the car in the middle of nowhere and lower the car window. He tilted his head sideways. She was sleeping with bag on her lap, her face towards him, so that her left cheek rested on the headrest. He too positioned himself such that they were now facing each other. Her face was hardly visible, but still enough for him to admire it's simplicity. Thick strands of hair brushed against her face as the wind continued to play with her hair.

The guy kept on looking at her till an absurd thought crossed his mind. He wished she slept with her eyes open, so that he could look at those infinite eyes again.

Whether it was hours or seconds after that, She doesn't exactly remember, but when she woke up, the first thing she did was close her eyes again. The car lights were turned on. It wasn't very brightly lit, but was still bright enough to have hurt her oh-so-delicate eyes. It was dark outside, so she assumed it was still night. 

She suddenly sat upright and pulled her hair back. And since the wind was making a mess of the guy's already messed up hair, he closed the window.