CHAPTER 05~ Flames

ZARAAN POV :

After the call cut off, I leaned my elbows on the table and rest my head on the knuckles.

I was staring at the large window in my cabin, actually lost in my thoughts. I generally don't daydream, but today I was.

Suddenly, the door opened and AK entered my cabin without even knocking. I raised my eyebrows towards him giving him "what's-so-urgent,-that-you-entered-my-cabin-without-knocking-on-the-door" look.

He came in front of me and grab the TV remote from the table and without saying anything he put the news channel on TV.

BREAKING NEWS
Place in San Antonio, Police say they are responding to reports of an explosion at a company named MALIK GROUP OF COMPANIES, INC in Las Palmas.
The incident reportedly happened today in the morning at the company near the street 42.
That's all we have at the moment, details are still coming in. We will keep you updated. As we here, you seeing a live picture-...

I stood up immediately after listening to the news, I grabbed my car keys and ran out of the cabin followed by AK. Soon we were in the parking lot, I unlocked the car and start the engine. AK settled on the passenger seat and we were on our way towards the company.

                                                                                 *    *    *

"Let me get through- please!" I said as I passed through the people, people have crowed here and I can't see a single thing. Suddenly my phone rang and I huffed. I looked down and saw Zay's name flashing on the screen. I slide it and declined the call just then someone pushed me.

"Watch out you asshole!" I screamed and kept my phone back in my pocket. Due to frustration, I ran my hand in my hair and pushed through people and stopped in my track.

My heart beats increased as I watched the scenario in front of me, a fire burned brightly in the fireplace, ambulances were scattered all over the place, trying to help people who were stuck in the company. I took a deep breath as I watched the police cars in front of the company. Many officers were there, stopping the crowd to walk further. I gulped as I took the step forward.

"Excuse me!" I pushed through the crowd and finally got near. I called the office and he came towards me.

"Whats the matter?" I rolled my tongue over my lips as I said. Seriously this situation is getting on my nerves now.

"Sir, the people inside are injured badly or may be dead, some of them-" he was saying but I walked past him before he could complete his sentence.

"Dead!" I mumbled as I shook my head in negative.

I started running towards the company, pushing people out of my way, I can't let my employees suffer because of me.

"Move!" I screamed as some people blocked my way. My eyes settled on the entrance gate. But suddenly I was stopped by AK. I glared at him.

"Sir you can't go in, there-

"Are you in your senses AK, people are suffering because of me. Do you get that? They are suffering BECAUSE OF ME." I screamed at his face. I felt like punching him in the face. All I want to see if they are ok.

"Ambulance is here, bodies are being brought out." He said and pointed towards the ambulances.

"Ok but just let me go-" My voice died as ward boys ran back with stretchers. My heart clenched as I saw the guy around my age was on the stretcher. His body was numb and blood was oozing out of his head and different parts of his body.