CHAPTER 06~ Caffè Nero

ZARAAN POV:

It's been 2 days since the accident took place. I just landed in San Antonio and on my way towards the hospital to check on the progress of convalescents. After coming back to palace, I entered the room and threw my blazer over the bed and went to take the much needed shower. I came after changing into my night wears and found that the room's lights were turned off.

I ushered myself deeper into the darkness of the room, it was surprisingly quiet. I found AK sitting at my study table with his head resting on the desk. It was 3 in the morning. Apparently, he had gone asleep while waiting up for me. Indeed he's giving his best. I was looking pridefully at his face, in the light of the table lamp while a small smile was playing on my lips.

My eyes traveled to the window, left ajar - as a soft breeze lifted and swelled the black sheer drapes, like lungs. The fresh air smelled good. I again looked at the glowing face of Arsh but I noticed something else this time. Those were the dark circles under his eyes which seemed like they were resting after a long hustle.

Arsh Khan (AK) - Hes like a brother to me, He is simply amazing and I just couldn't imagine my life without him though I don't usually praise someone but this guy truly deserves it . Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared and supported. After Zay, he's the one whom I can call my family.

I went closer to the window, took in a deep breath. I closed it, covered him with a blanket and left the room. I was walking in circles in my library room, I let my legs walk freely around the royal residence. It goes into the lobby and then descended the long stair case. barging into the additional room and out again. I was deep in my thoughts, taking speedy steps towards the living room. I sat down on the sofa, took a deep breath in and then sighed. I always pretended to be okay with things this heart can not bear. Actually I'm living a monotonous life.

This big palace has become too small for me to hide away from the chaos that I'm trying to leave behind. It's been a long time since I let myself run loose like an animal. If I turn around and retrace my steps, I know i'll find an abundance of sadness that I have left behind.

"Tonight, I'll be gentle on myself and on others" I had said to myself but - sighed. I lie all the time!. "Tonight I won't abuse myself" - I lie to myself. But if I don't abuse myself, I won't forget about the hell that I'm in. Life has doomed me. I know you guys must be thinking that I'm a psycho and should be put in an asylum. But this is me , this is who The Zaraan Malik is!!!

Ignoring the pain that my body is in, I dropped myself on the sofa and covered my eyes with forearm and drifted off to sleep.

AYRA POV :

My stomach growled. As I put my head on my knees. I can't bare this hunger anymore but my laziness was stopping me from going down and eat something. So I decided to go to the balcony.

I glanced at my mobile to check if Dadda called me, but to my disappointment there wasn't any call from him. I was about to yawn but stopped in the middle when I heard my phone was ringing, the unknown number appeared on my phone's screen. I frowned and glanced at the wall clock to check the time, almost midnight. Not giving it a much thought, I shrugged and went back in my room, lay down on the bed and closed my eyes.

Next morning my eyes jerked open on mobile ringing, but stopped after second ring. I squeezed my eyes and open again, my view is still blur due to sleep. A bright light piercing the veil of my sleep. I threw the blanket over my head in an attempt to ignore it.

"Ayra Bachay!! Wake up. Its almost nine". I heard Mama's voice, getting up I yawned and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and after tying my hair into a pony tail, I decided to go down.

"Assalam o Alaikum" I greeted her and grabbed the apple from the fruit basket.

"Walaikum Assalam, How's my Bacha doing?" She asked lovingly.

"Great". I Shrugged. After breakfast I helped Mama with cooking and little bit of cleaning. I went back to my room, unplugged my mobile from its charger and dropped myself on the bed.

My phone rang, I stared at the phone screen with a frown. It was Saadi. Why is he calling? I groaned, picked the phone and heard, "Be ready, on my way I'll be there in 15 minutes. "

Before I could say something he ended the call. I went for a quick shower, pulled on a long sleeves grey plain baggy top and a pair of ripped blue jeans. Tripping as I tugged on my pair of brown converse sneakers.

Quickly I brushed out my long light brown hair locks and pulled them up into a messy pony tail. I applied my usual makeup; mascara and coral pink lipstick.

I heard Mama's call for me from downstairs. Grabbing my phone, I left the room and found her and Saadi; sitting in the living room.

ZARAAN POV:

I got up early and went for a morning jog. Straight after that, I hit the gym for weight training. After 3 hours long workout, I grabbed the mug from kitchen's cabinet and switched on the coffee maker.

I was sipping my black coffee when I heard someone has entered the study room, I looked up from the laptop's screen and saw Arsh standing there with some envelop in his hands. I raised my right eyebrow towards him and leaned back on the study chair while the coffee mug was still in my hand.

"ALROSA DIAMOND's exhibition is being held in the five star hotel in New York and you're officially invited." He said as he came forward and handed me the invitation.

Without giving it a second glance, I toss the envelop at the table. "Not interested" I murmured and resumed, finalizing the presentations.

"I am not taking NO as an answer, Your tickets has been confirmed and you have only-" He paused and look briefly at his watch, "Three hours to be exact" He completed his sentence.

I stood up, shutting the laptop's screen furiously and glared at him. He took a step back in horror and stated quickly, "A-a-aesa mene na-a-nahi Zay ne bola hai"

"Toh dar kiun rahay ho? Mai tumhe khanay thori utha tha!" I stated with a straight face and walked past him. I heard him releasing his breath in relieve. I was about to exit the room but turned and saw him still standing there. "Or wesay bhi mujhe haddiyan khana pasand nahi hai"
I teased and made an exit.

------------------------------------------------------------

I left the airport at a bad time. If I am to attend this f*cking exhibition, I have to reach hotel in a God forsaken hour and here this traffic can literally kill a person or drive him to insanity. I terribly need a coffee to survive this damn traffic.

"Noah, please stop at the coffee shop and get me a coffee." I told my driver.

"Sir in this traffic, it's not easy to find a parking." He said showing me the road ahead, which is true.

"Fine, stay. I will grab a coffee."

I went to the coffee shop where an elder couple seems to be running it. The lady who has a motherly smile, greeted me. "What can I get you my child?" She asked.

Sometimes It is nice when people don't know me, and greet me as they do nice people; with warmth and without any fear.

"Black coffee please"

The coffee shop door opened, while I was waiting for my coffee. "One Cappuccino Please" whoever came in, buried her head on the counter, So I didn't see her face. She wore a grey plain baggy top and a pair of ripped blue jeans. Her light brown hair were tied into a messy pony tail.

The lady bought my coffee and before I could take it, the girl took it. She sipped it and almost spit it out. "I asked for cappuccino, What is this?" She said looking disgusted.

"That's my black coffee." I told her with a cold glare.

And first time she acknowledge my presence. She was surprised to see a fully suited man. I know I am a good looking person but why the hell she's gawking at me.

"Sorry about-" Before she could complete her sentence, I snatched my coffee and return to Noah who was waiting for me.

=======================================

Insha'Allah will meet soon till then Allah Hafiz...

Love Love

RIYA SIGNING OFF :)

Peace ❤