Meeting my best friend

Uhm... before you read this..., trigger warning, OK? If you're not into fangirling over Invader Zim or Dib, then please just leave. It is my fault for posting this..., but still, try to be nice, please. :)

Second-person P.O.V

Today is the day. Finally, after all these hours of you sitting in bed, eyes wide open, your alarm goes off. School. The place is known as a Prison... or The War Zone. Your reporter told you that there are beings called "bullies" at this place. He/She said that bullies will take down confidence until you're weak and then leave you crying. If you let them, of course.

 Getting out of your head, you quickly stop your alarm and grab your (A/C) bag. You had already gotten dressed before bed so you were all set. Just in time, too. The bus was there waiting for you. Running as fast as your long/ short legs could go, you run up to it, making sure the bus driver can see you before they leave. The doors slowly open, and a horrible odor makes its way to your nose. What in the world is that? No matter the terrible smell, you go in and sit alone in the last seat available. Seems like the bus driver is driving some high schoolers today. You know for sure there aren't this many kids who ride the bus. After a few minutes, the bus reaches the last house. You're starting to realize that you're in the last seat available. Sure hope that this kid isn't one that is interested in aliens. Before you knew it, you hear a voice speak up. It's them.

"Excuse me.., Uhm..., can I sit next to you..?" they ask. You gulp.

"Sure," you replied, not even looking at them. Maybe humans don't take that to an offense. Worried that they do, you decided to turn around and look at them. they are a male child with black cowlick-styled hair -- which was completely over-exaggerated -- and a long black cape. It looked as if he took the cape from a vampire costume and made the cloth around the neck a little longer. After you get a good look at them, you decide it's time to say something.

"Hello/hi/hey/other greetings you can think of, my name is (Y/N)"

The boy seems surprised by this. He looked shocked when you laid your eyes on him as well.

"Eh... Sorry, people don't usually talk to me. I'm Dib. You're the new kid, right?"

"Yea, I am... Why don't people talk to you, if I might ask?"

Before Dib could say another word, a girl sticks her head into our conversation.

"Hey, (stupid nickname)! Um, like, you should, like, not talk to Dib."

"Is it, like, normal to, like, say like so, liking, much?! Go away !"Dib looked at you in astonishment when you said that. Has nobody ever defended him before or something? The "like girl" gave you a dirty look and went back to her seat.

"Where were we?" you asked with a smile. Your smile fades when you see the shock on Dib's face.

"What's wrong, Dib? "He looks down for a second like he is processing what had just happened.

"Sorry, it feels way too good and weird to ever be true. Never in my life has anyone ever defended me... Mostly because there wasn't anyone who wasn't bullying me. Oh...and the reason no one talks to me is that I believe in things like vampire bees and aliens. Basically... paranormal stuff and such." For a second, you feel like laughing. Isn't that just the silliest reason for a human not to want to talk to him? I mean, you may have the same reason, but your's is way more understandable. His face looks sad. You had just made him feel like someone would be there, made him have hope, and now he probably thinks you'll leave like everyone else.

"S-Sorry Dib. It's just-... I wasn't expecting vampire bees. I do believe you, trust me."

"last time someone said they believe me they ended up-" You quickly put your finger on his mouth.

"Shut up for a second. Do you think I'll act exactly like everyone else? I'm not them, Dib" You remove your finger and put your hands on your lap. "I said to trust me. Please don't have second thoughts." He only nods, then gets up. You were confused until you realized the bus had stopped and it was time to get out and go to the Skool. By habit, you end up following Dib without even thinking. Lucky for you, you and Dib are in the same class. 

The teacher looks like she would give everyone a nuclear bomb sandwich if she could, and that just might be an understatement. Creepy... "Dib, you're not late this time," Dib says nothing to her and sits down. You think he gave her a little nod, but it was hard to tell. The teacher looks at you, then she points at a random student in the middle back. "You. You get to go to the underground classroom." The desk went into a hole...wait... A hole?! Out came a new empty desk... What on Earth happened to that poor kid? "Say something and sit down. Now."

"I-...um.... ok well, h-hi everyone. My name is (Y/N)." You feel your cheeks get hot and you're not sure why. You quickly walk over to your new seat and put all your things on the desk. At that moment, you see a green boy walk in. Are your eyes deceiving you...?

"You're late, Zim. What's your excuse?" said the teacher.

"I... hmm... b-broke.... my... back! yes, I have broken my back. And... I had to get surgery right away! But I'm all better now."

"Go sit down." You can't help but stare at Zim. He looks exactly like an Irken, and he probably is. Irkens are invading more and more planets now, but you can't help but wonder why the tallest sent him here. You had thought the tallest hated Earth. Maybe it's just some sort of human skin condition of sorts..., you guess. Zim sits in the seat in front of you, to your right. Suddenly Dib speaks up.

"Broke your back?! Come on! Guys, how could he heal that fast?! He just-" The teacher gave him a terrifying look, and he had no choice but to stop talking

. . .

How long has it been? You've been trying to read the clock but it makes zero sense to you. Finally, the bell rings. You're finally free to spend time outside! Again, you follow Dib, but find yourself sitting alone after a while. Dib sees me and walks over. "So, about what you said. I know one thing kids here are terrified to break. Do you pinky swear?"

"I'm sorry, Dib, but what a pinky swear?" Dib looks at you in an astounded manner.

"Oh, um....it's like, a thing where two people put their pinkie fingers together and promise something. If one were to break the promise, then they're supposedly cursed for a year... I can't believe you didn't know what it was. Are you from another planet or something?" you could hear the joking tone in his voice, but the thought of lying to him was terrifying. 

"What? Well, kinda."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing... Anyways, I swear." You're internally screaming. Why can you never bring yourself to lie to someone easily? Even if you tried it on a dummy, it took you more than twenty tries to tell them that one day they would control their own legs and walk away. 

"... Can you lift your hand?"

"Huh? Oh, yea." Your hand's touch. His hand was colder than you had expected, but that's not what matters. What matters is that you made him your friend and you're very happy about it.