Chapter Two: Memories

Coran walked into the dining commons where the escaped Folgail were. Their chatter died down as they saw the two Galra. Maeve and Freyja got up and walked to Coran and Hunk.

"Any news?" asked Maeve.

"Yes, we think we have found Astraea Gilfaren, but we'll need you two to identify her once she wakes up," answered Coran.

"Thank you, Coran," replied Maeve. Coran's cuff beeped.

He tapped it and then said, "Oh, just in time! She's up! Uh, follow me."

***

Astraea stumbled out of the sleep pod before Keith ran forward and caught her by her forearms. She groaned softly as her eyelids began to flutter. Suddenly, her eyes snapped open. In a flash, she twisted Keith's arms behind his back causing him to bend forward and pulled out one of her astoisium blades from behind her back. Astraea put the edge of the blade to his throat.

"Who are you?" she asked. "Where am I?"

The door slid open and revealed the rest of the group looking at Keith. Krolia instantly unsheathed her luxite blade and hurtled it at Astraea. The Folgail simply looked at it and disappeared entirely before reappearing in front of Krolia as Astraea pinned her to the wall. Kolivan pulled out his own blade and moved to stab Astraea, but she put her hand up and flicked her fingers as the knife shot out of his hand and landed in the wall behind them. Maeve and Freyja ran into the hall and shouted, "Astraea!"

Astraea looked at the two other girls and ran over to them, completely forgetting about Krolia.

"Maeve, Freyja!" replied Astraea. "You have no idea how good it is to hear your voices!"

"We thought you were dead!" shouted Freyja as she pulled Astraea into a hug that Maeve joined.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," Astraea smirked.

"What I want to know is how you even got out of there with all of your quintessence!" smiled Maeve.

"I used the old tricks from school. Temporary multiplication spell and then after that I fainted, so..." Astraea chuckled.

"Well, we're just glad you're back!" grinned Freyja. Coran cleared his throat. Keith, Kolivan, Krolia, and Hunk looked at them.

"Uh, sorry for nearly killing you guys like two minutes ago," Astraea said uncomfortably. "Wow this is awkward."

Keith stepped forward and held out his hand.

"I'm Keith, former Paladin of the Black Lion," he said. She took his hand and shook it. "Welcome to Altea."

"I'm Astraea Gilfaren of Xandora," she answered. Astraea gestured to her two friends. "The ginger is Maeve Philen and the other is Freyja Presthana."

"I wish we all could have met under more cheerful circumstances, but something's threatening universe," Maeve said bluntly. "...again."

"Well that wasn't very subtle," murmured Freyja.

"I wasn't gonna sugarcoat it," retorted Maeve indifferently. Freyja rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Threat?" asked Keith frantically. "What threat?"

"The one that blew our home planet to bits," said Freyja. "Honerva's granddaughters."

"Honerva has granddaughters?" inquired Hunk.

"She had a daughter with Zarkon when they were under the influence of the dark entity. Zarkon, believing that another child would be another weakness, shipped her off to a random planet and erased Honerva's memory of her pregnancy and the child's birth.