"Or they're dead" Kayla told him, "We're aware"

"What would possess them to leave campus?" Alaric asked out loud "Why would they be so irresponsible?"

Kayla frowned "They wouldn't. At least not MG, he knows is dangerous for a vampire to roam around in full moon nights, all the vampires get the reminder of this the morning of a full moon so they won't forget it. You give this speech, remember?"

Hope nodded in agreement, "Which means something must have happened"

They walked further, still looking for the guys when they came across a hurt, bleeding Rafael curled on the ground, seeming unconscious.

"Hope, Kayla" Alaric told them in shock.

The girls pointed their flashlights to the wolf.

"Raf?" Hope gasped in worry, running to his side, kneeling in front of him. "Raf! Hey, are you okay?"

Kayla followed slowly, kneeling at his side.

"MG..." Rafael murmured, starting to wake up, in slight panic. " Landon..."

Kayla briefly tapped his cheeks, "Hey, wolfboy, what's going on? Where's MG and Landon?"

Rafael snapped his head toward the witches with an expression of fear and pain, shaking his head, breathing shaky "I can't remember"

Kayla and Hope stared at him in shock and worry, looking toward Alaric.

Alaric looked at them in worry.

What the hell happened and where were those guys?

~8~

The girls and Alaric returned Rafael back to the school to help him calm down so he could tell them what had really happened as he was too much in shock to talk.

Emma was there with them too, looking at Rafael in worry and sympathy.

The four were surrounding Rafael as he sat, fidgeting with his hands, staring ahead blankly and still looking fearful, breathing shakily.

Alaric stared at the boy in realization "Lunar psychosis"

Kayla frowned, looking at Rafael "That's a thing?"

"Quit talking" Rafael told them, his voice shaky and nervous "Making noise"

A growl left his lips before jumping out at them.

Alaric, Hope and Kayla jumped backwards, startled.

Emma stepped forward fearlessly, murmuring a spell, throwing her arm forward, "Tardus pulsatio" Rafael stood inches away from Emma's hand, starting to calm down, panting lowly "It's a thing"

"What did you do to him?" Hope asked, looking at Rafael in worry.

"It's okay" Emma told them reassuringly, not taking her eyes from the werewolf "I'm just slowing down his heart. It will calm him"

They stared at Rafael silently until he slowly calmed down.

Rafael looked around, confused "What's happening to me? I keep... losing time"

Emma walked slowly to him, "As I said lunar psychosis, which means that your mind is in flux, trapped between your wolf and human states, making it harder to bridge the gap and access your memories like you normally would" Rafael sat, proccessing the information he just received. Emma sat in front of him, glancing at the others, "It's very rare. It only happens after a premature reversion"

Hope and Kayla realized what that meant, looking at Rafael sympathetically and worriedly.

"So something caused your body to shift back before the full moon was over, leaving you like this" Hope stated softly, worried about the others but mostly about Landon.