Chapter 8

"MAYBE I SHOULD START FROM THE END"

Normally, I wouldn't like if something messed with my head, made me forget. But today, weirdly enough I was okay with it. Why am I saying this? Why am I not clear in my words?

Maybe we should start from the end.

~8~

Fort Valley, Georgia

"Hope?"

Hope opened her eyes. She felt sore as if a train had passed through her. She felt relieved her supernatural healing factor was already working, standing up. Her eyes roamed around the empty field, warily.

"Hope? Come on, don't leave me hanging"

Hope looked around, seeing her phone laying a few feet away. Kayla's voice coming from the object. Hope picked up the phone "Here I am"

"Finally" Kayla told her. Alaric and Landon who was with Hope as well groaned awake, slowly starting to stand up.

"Where the hell are we?" Landon asked, holding his stomach as he didn't have supernatural healing like Hope. "What happened?"

Alaric looked around, "I don't know. But I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"

"Is Mr. Saltzman and your busboy with you?" Hope heard Kayla. "Hope. What the hell?"

~8~

Or well, Hope should start at the beginning as she has more understanding about this than I do.

Three Days Ago

Hope sneaked down the stairs at night. Kayla was behind her, looking around making sure they were clear.

Landon needed help. When he left, Hope gave him some kind of magical compass. If he pressed it, the compass she kept for herself would light up and be connected with Landon's, like a magical GPS. And when it did, she had nothing but helping him in her mind.

And as a friend, my job was to support her.

They walked pass the library where they saw students sleeping. Kayla held her pointer finger up her lips, gesturing her to be silent. Hope nodded in agreement.

The girls silently made their way to Alaric's office where Kayla walked to his desk, opening a drawer, picking up a set of keys, smirking. She showed them to Hope, throwing them toward her.

"Go play knight in a shinning armor to your human boy" Kayla whispered.

Hope rolled her eyes, but smiled in appreciation.

~8~

Hope was on her way out.

Kayla was keeping an eye out from atop the stairs, suddenly starting to whisper, knowing Hope could hear her "Abort, abort. Hide!"