Chapter 10

"THERE'S A WORLD WHERE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE"

After the whole dream monster night, Alaric made sure to keep an eye on the urn all the time. That morning, the three of them, Alaric, Hope and Kayla where in Alaric's office, talking.

Hope was drawing in her sketchbook "You sure it glowed again?"

Alaric was cleaning up his crossbow "I sleep with the damn thing under my pillow. It's hard to miss"

"What do you think it's gonna be this time?" Kayla asked without looking up from the book she was reading. Alaric and Hope looked at her "Hmm? Cyclops? Slender Man? Santa?"

Hope raised her eyebrows in amusement.

Alaric chuckled "Well, given our luck, I think it's safe to rule out Ol' Saint Nick"

Hope tilted her head, "Um, I don't know. I mean, Santa Claus is kind of terrifying when you think about it, right Kay?" She put down her pencil. Kayla nodded slowly. Alaric raised an eyebrow in surprise when he noticed Kayla didn't react negatively at being called like that. "Breaks into your home. He sees you when you're sleeping"

Kayla pointed at Hope, "Not to mention, judge-y"

Hope looked at her, nodding "Super judge-y with his old lists of the good and the bad"

Alaric gave them a look, walking around his desk "Hope, Kayla, I need you two to focus"

"Look, we're trying" Hope told him. "I just wish that Satan's nightlight would give us some rest"

"Yeah, and I wish that knife was never in our school to begin with" Alaric told them.

"Or that knife didn't exist in the first place" Kayla told them "But it's not like we can change that now"

Alaric sighed, "You're right. All we can do is make sure we're not blindsided by another monster waltzing through our doors"

The doors to his office got open revealing the twins outside.

Hope held back a laugh awkwardly, giving them a slight wide eyed look "Too late"

Alaric looked at them, wide eyed "Oh, God" He walked around Kayla and Hope. They stood, turning to the twins "Uh, girls. What are you doing here? You're not supposed to get in until tonight"

Lizzie gave him a look, "Mom was able to get us direct into Dulles. Then faxed, texted and e-mailed you our revised itinerary"