The man began to chuckle, shaking his head as he did so. His movements caused a few curls to fall out place. "Admit it Misty. You were trying to hand off your daughter to her father who she hasn't seen in years because you don't want to be her mother anymore." His face was compete serious now. "Cindy is hitting bumps in the road and you don't want to take the time to help her figure life out."

He sat down the glass of whiskey he had been holding, sitting straight up so his back was no longer against the maroon chair, "I know a bad mother when I see one and you my dear wife are exactly that."

Misty's eyes widened, an audible gasp leaving her lips. No one had ever had the nerve to say such a thing to her, not even her ex husband. "Duncan Shepherd... watch your fucking mouth or I won't be your wife for much longer." Her knuckles were becoming white from grasping the wine glass so tightly.

Her husband tilted his head slightly, the right corner of his mouth tugging upwards into a smirk. "Good because as far as I'm concerned, you're not going to be my wife much longer. I'll have my lawyers send over the divorce papers first thing in the morning."

Standing up, he pushed the chair away from the table. Pulling out his wallet, he dropped a few bills on the table. "Cindy's going to stay with me for a while longer as you're unfit to watch her and I refuse to allow her to stay with a man who has been absent for most of her life."

The woman glared at him, setting down her own drink. "You can divorce me Shepherd but you have no authority to keep my daughter."

"If you try to do something about it I swear that I will ruin your whole career." He bent down so he was whispering in his soon to be ex wife's ear, "America won't even remember who you are after I'm done with you."

Pressing a chaste kiss on her cheek, he returned to his full height, "Good night, darling." The pet name came out venomously.

His expensive shoes hit the ground as he exited the restaurant. Waiting on the valet to fetch his vehicle, he took out his phone, and called Cindy.

•••

The music boomed through the speakers, the lyrics of whichever song currently played becoming a muddy mess as Cindy finished her second white claw. She had always been a light weight and tonight was no exception.

Grasping onto Alexandria's wrist for support, she almost fell over, the untied laces of her Doc Martins not being any help for her drunken state. Alexandria, the designated driver of the evening, shook her head in disappointment, "Cindy Lou, it's not been ten and you're already wasted."

Before the teenager could respond, her phone began ringing. The only way she was able to tell was the vibrating sensation in the waistband of her skirt. Setting the empty alcohol can down, she fumbled clumsily until she managed to get ahold of her phone and answer.

"Helloooooo?"

"Cindy Blaine, have you been drinking?" Duncan's deep voice asked her on the other end of the line.

The girl giggled softly, her stomach filling with butteries from even hearing his voice. She truly was head over heels for the man.

"Maybeeeee." She hiccuped after slurring the last part of her response.

"I'm coming to get you. Put me on the phone with whoever's there with you."

Laughing, Cindy practically threw the phone at Alexandria's face. Sighing, Alex held the phone up to her ear. "Hello?"

"This is Duncan Shepherd, Cindy's stepfather. Where are you guys? She's drunk and I don't trust her to drive home."

"Oh don't worry Mr. Shepherd, I'm driving everyone home. I haven't drank anything tonight."

"I'm not going to ask again. Where are you?"

•••

"D, you're soooo handsome," Cindy slurred, a lazy grin on her face as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand. Her elbow rested on his center console. Duncan rolled his blue eyes at the girl, ignoring her as he waited on the traffic light to turn green.

"Daddy," She whined, wanting his attention. "Pay attention to meee." The man looked at her, a stern look on his face.

"You're in trouble, young lady. You don't deserve my attention right now. You know better than to drink."

The blonde pouted but gave up when the man went back to looking at the road. Realizing she wasn't going to get his attention, she fell asleep.

Thirty minutes later, the man yanked his keys out of the ignition once the engine of his expensive car died. Slotting the keychain between two fingers, he got out of his side and went to the passengers side. Opening the door, he unbuckled the teenager who sat passed out in his car. Carefully removing her from the car, he wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

He earned a few stares as he carried her through the lobby of his building. Five minutes later, the two were in his penthouse and he was able to lay her down on her bed. Staring at her, he shook his head with a lop sided smile on his face.

"You're going to be the death of me."