11.5

Tanjirou doesn't smell blood

He stands before his house, cold winter air hurting his nose and mist puffing out of his mouth.

Hanako and Shigure turn their attention from the basket of yams, and they smile.

"Nii-chan, welcome back!" Shigeru cries out.

Hanako smiles, "Did you sell the charcoal? Wait, more importantly, guess who came!"

Akiko steps out of the house, her hair straight and long and the eye bags gone from her face. Her hands look soft and she's wearing a light green western dress, all frilly and puffy. She brightens up the second she sees Tanjirou, and she wildly waves her arms like always.

Tears gather in Tanjirou's eyes, and he barrels towards his siblings, holding them close as he cries his eyes out. He's wailing and he feels relieved, and Akiko tilts her head in confusion before she walks over to the three.

"Tanjirou, love? What's wrong?" When he looks up at her, he pulls her into the group hug too, and she laughs as she holds his face into her hands. Her hands are wet with his tears now, but she doesn't mind.

She kisses him, and all is well between the two.

Later, Akiko is looking him over for any injuries. Cleaning his face with a wet cloth with an ever present smile on her face. He blushes at her touch, and Takeo teases him for it.

"We were surprised when nii-chan suddenly started crying," Hanako says, folding a blanket.

Takeo laughs, eating some of the candy Akiko brought from Tokyo, "He's weird, haha!"

Akiko pouts, cupping his face in her hands once again to which he flushes even more.

"You might just be tired, Tanjirou." She says in concern, and Kie nods her head, adding on with, "Just rest today, and don't push yourself too hard."

Tanjirou holds Akiko's hands in his own, kissing them before smiling, "You're exaggerating. I'm fine!"

"Are you sure?" She asks, taking a hand back to brush a lock of hair from his face.

He continues to blush, much to his younger sibling's disgust, before he nods his head, "Yeah. It felt like I was having some sorta bad dream."

Akiko offers him a smile before she holds him close, "Well, I'm back for a long time now, so we can share a futon! That way, you won't have any more nightmares!"

Shigeru jumps onto the two, covering them with a blanket and they both yelp in surprise.

"H- Hey! What're you-?!"

"Stop it! I just washed that!"

Akiko can't help but laugh under the covers, and Tanjirou joins in. It's a bit dark, but he can still see her amber eyes shine brightly. So he leans in close, and they share a kiss from prying eyes.