10

"Let me get this straight

"Let me get this straight... You're banned from seeing him ever again?"

"Well, on the bright side-?"

"There is no bright side."

"...I got to meet Oyakata-sama!"

Kanon sighs, face in her hands as she looks at a messy Akiko. The hems of her hakama is a little ripped and it isn't tied right, there's a missing button from her usual poofy blouse, and her hair looks like a mess.

She's eating some bread and cheese, crumbs on her face as her crow pecks at what's fallen on the table.

Kanon doesn't even want to ask.

"Hey, but I said sorry before it happened!"

"That doesn't mean you can just go to the water estate to rip out Giyuu's hair! What happened to 'do no harm'?!"

---

A good few hours earlier, Akiko is seen with a small bundle of food tied to her back and her leather physician's bag in her hand. Kanon looks at her with a tilted head, hands folded behind her back. She doesn't remember making Akiko food.

"Where are you going?" Kanon asks, and Akiko jumps.

"Kanon... Whatever happens... I'm so sorry."

Akiko runs out of the house after that, hobbling a little under the weight of her bag. She has to hold it with two hands, and she curses her weak arms.

A good hour later, Akiko arrives in front of the water pillar estate. The aura to commit a crime oozes from Akiko and she makes a mental list of her weapons- ahem, tools, in her bag.

"Tomioka-san?" Akiko knocks on the door, "Sorry I'm not Kanon, but can we talk? It's important."

There's no answer. Akiko furrows her brows. She can see him sitting, looking at the door with slight fear, through a sliver of a crack in the door. Her eyes narrow in on his figure, and she notices that he doesn't have his katana on him.

He could probably still mess her up though.

"I'm walking in," she deadpans, and she watches him jump a bit. Her bright smile is disarming, and Giyuu doesn't know why she looks so happy to see him.

"Good! You're home! I'm gonna kill you now."

And she's not kidding.

Giyuu easy dodges some flimsily thrown scalpels, disarming her easily and tucking her under his arm like he did Shinobu a couple weeks ago.

"I know you're mad-"

"Uh, YEAH. My fiance is alive and you didn't tell me!"

"I forgot who he was. Also, I didn't know his name and you didn't give me a physical description."