9

"ARE YOU STUPID?!"

"ARE YOU STUPID?!"

"Wh- DON'T YELL!!"

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID!! STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID!!!!!!"

Zenitsu cries out as Akiko hits him across the face with a pillow, eyes gleaming with murderous intent.

"Go ahead. Say it again."

"You hIT ME!!"

Akiko lifts the pillow again and Zenitsu cowers away, hiding his face behind his baby hands. Akiko pauses, staring at his trembling figure all curled up under the covers of the bed before she bites back a laugh.

"DON'T LAUGH AT ME!!"

"You're not helping- hEY GET OFF AND WIPE YOUR DAMN NOSE!"

The two go back and forth, yelling and bickering at each other. At some point, Kanon walks in to make sure no one is dying. She's surprised to see Akiko acting so lively, shaking Zenitsu back and forth as he complains about the medicine and how stupid his friends are.

The two finally calm down after a while, panting with exhaustion after yelling so much. There's lunch brought to the two of them, the smell of miso soup and cooked fish wafting through the air.

Akiko shoves bits of fish into his mouth, sipping her own miso as she watches him complain about fish bones.

"Nezuko wouldn't be this mean..." Zenitsu mumbles under his breath before another bit of fish is shoved into his mouth, and he's complaining all over again.

Akiko stops, replaying his words before her eyes widen, "Nezuko is ALIVE?!"

"Wow you're really slow huh-"

"NO ONE SAID ANYTHING!"

"SHE'S IN THAT BOX OVER THERE! OW! STOP THROWING FISH BONES AT ME!"

Akiko rushes over to the box, about to open it, before she's tugged back into Zenitsu's chest.

"Nonononononono!! Don't!! You'll kill my precious Nezuko!"

"There is no way you're dating the beauty of my hometown."

"Y'know? You're really mean."

"Just get back into bed and tell me why my in-law is crammed in a box."

Zenitsu doesn't cut corners with his explanation, even though they both know that this story is for Tanjirou to tell. Either way, Akiko drinks it up in silence, face calm despite the severity of the problem. 

He can hear the gears in Akiko's mind work. They grind slower throughout his explanation, and when they come to a halt he stops talking as well. He's done with his explanation anyway.

"Sorry, was that too much?"

"No, I'm just finding my place in the social hierarchy of his mind."