7

On Taehyung's coffee table, several empty cans are scattered in front of Jungkook, the alcoholic substance now swimming in Jungkook's body, already causing interference with his attitude and thought process. Jungkook holds another can filled with beer, some of it spilling over the rim, staining Jungkook's work shirt he refuses to take off and altogether bothering the owner of the home.

"Can you have some dignity?" Taehyung asks, wiping away droplets of beer from the table.

Originally Taehyung wanted to take Jungkook out eating and away from alcoholic beverages, but his subordinate wouldn't stop whining, and Taehyung couldn't take it anymore. He bought fried chicken, a twelve-pack of beers from the local market, and spoiled Jungkook, which he ultimately regrets.

In front of him, Jungkook is a mess, going through different emotions in a heartbeat.

"Dignity?" Jungkook scoffs. "I lost my girlfriend to someone else, who's probably doing her better, and then I'm sleeping with you, my boss; I have no dignity!" He takes another big swing of a drink.

Due to the intoxication, Jungkook probably won't remember any of the words that leave his mouth.

"This is not how I imagined my life to turn out to be! Before Eun-byul left, everything was going perfectly! I was even going to propose to her, move away with her to start a family, get a new job! I would spend my life with her!"

Tears are streaming down Jungkook's face, some of them pooling around his waterline as he takes another swing of his drink. It's an unappealing sight for his superior, and he should comfort him, but something else caught his attention.

"You were going to leave the company?" Taehyung asks, opening up an alcoholic drink for himself.

Jungkook glares at his boss but then smirks. "Yep! I would have been far away from you! None of this sleeping together bullshit!" His ending words become hoarse since Jungkook chokes back tears, making him lose the bad guy impression. "But now, when I think about leaving, my stomach burns. And I hate it!"

Taehyung's eyebrows arch up, intrigued by the words that are leaving his subordinate's mouth. He didn't expect a confession from Jungkook, although he can't say for sure what's the meaning behind his words.

"I only wanted to prove that you can't toy with me. Sleeping with you is not a big deal. It would end soon enough, but it hasn't; I'm still here! I'm comfortable knowing I'm not alone."

Jungkook takes another big swing of his beer, letting the alcohol run down his throat, spread through his body and mind, hoping he's drowning out every one of his feelings, and when he's sober, all his problems will be gone. His mind is empty, with no curiosity or concern when his boss pushes the table away from between them and closes the distance by moving himself inches away from him. Jungkook hiccups. "Wh-What are you doing?"

"Idiot," Taehyung begins, flicking Jungkook's forehead. "Even if we weren't in this situation, she still would've cheated on you. All the wrongs would be there. But I, your boss, if you are sleeping with me or not, I'll be here. I'd worry."

Even though Taehyung's words are sincere, Jungkook pushes his boss's face away from him, letting out a disgusted groan. "You're gross when you're sappy."

Taehyung laughs, not pushing the subject any further and let it pass by; Jungkook isn't going to remember anyway. He grabs his beer, goes to his bed, and clutches onto a pillow as he lays down. When his subordinate looks over, he pats the space next to him. "Lay with me."

"Lay wit' me," Jungkook mocks, his words slur with alcohol, which makes his boss laugh at the cute response. "I'm not going anywhere near you," he continues sternly, not wanting Taehyung to win over him, even when drunk.

The two men stay silent, respecting the time, as they finish their canned drinks. Jungkook's attention wanders to his boss, who is cuddling a pillow, and his eyes slowly drift up and down with drowsiness. The sight of Taehyung begins to rub off on Jungkook as his body starts to become exhausted. As soon as he puts the can down and is standing up, there is the sound of a phone going off.

It's Eun-byul's custom ringtone.

Jungkook sprints towards his bag, swiftly picking it up from the floor, and unlatches it with sloppy movements. He immediately presses the green button on his phone when it's in his hands.

"Hello," he says, forcing his voice to sound sober.

"Can we talk about earlier?" Eun-byul responds.

Jungkook turns around to see Taehyung watching him, or more so trying to eavesdrop. So, Jungkook points to the door and takes the phone call outside the apartment.

"Yes," he says when the door shuts behind him.

Eun-byul sighs. Silence. Then a response. "I'm sorry. It's not that I don't love you, Jungkook, I do, but there is so much here in America that I couldn't resist."

The anger and annoyance that burns in Jungkook's chest refuse to arise, more so he forces it down since he doesn't want to make the situation worse, as if he could. "What are you trying to tell me?"

His lover sighs again. "I'm going to stay here, Jungkook."

The hallway's silence rings in Jungkook's ear as he stares off into space and blocks out the reality of the situation. He moves the phone away from his ear, ends the call, and mindlessly slips back into Taehyung's room. His boss lays on his bed, and when he sees his subordinate, he eyes him oddly.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung questions.

Jungkook shakes his head.

"Do you want to go home?"

Another shake of the head.

Instead of verbally asking, Taehyung pats the open area next to him on the bed, sympathetically calling Jungkook over.

Why couldn't the tears stop for Jungkook?

Willingly, Jungkook slips into bed with Taehyung, letting his boss's arm rest over his waist and pull him tight against his chest. It might have been that Jungkook craves human affection because when Taehyung kisses the top of his head, Jungkook feels relaxed instead of disgust. That calm feeling only makes Jungkook cry more.