Chapter 1

(A/N: okay here is the official first chapter hope you enjoy 😊)

20 years later

Eliza sat in her office as she was currently filling in the documents that captain Yami had left behind since he was too lazy to deal with them and always kept finding excuses as to not do it so the documents were piling up, so she had to do his duties along with her own especially today since it was the magic knights exam Yami will find another excuse as to not do it. The reason why she din't go was because of the constant work she has to do, but she's glad that they had taken her in. Captain Yami and Henry thanks to his strange illness he is absorbing her magic power keeping the curse that she has from killing anyone else and Yami simply found the amount o magic she had amazing so he simply appointed her to his vice-captain.

-FlashBack-

It was quite windy and slightly cold in the dark forest Eliza wondered off there endlessly not knowing where she should go as everything seemed to die around her she had been taken in by a family until she was 15 but the unspeakable had happened, a black miasma began to surround her, an overflow of magical power, she was unable to control it.

She thought her affinity was Illusion magic but she couldn't be further from the truth. the black miasma clouded her vision but once it had disappeared, tears began spilling from her eyes as she saw her family die they were nothing but a darkened corpse. And with that she fled, she ran as fast as she could into the forest.

The plants around her began dying as she continued to love and cherish life around her, not wanting anything within her vicinity that could be a prey to her curse. She didn't know what it was but she was certain that indeed it was a curse. She didn't stop until she found an abandoned house, she thanked the god of fate in allowing her to find a place that hopefully has no one inside.

She took a step forward and took in a deep breath knocking on the door, she waited patiently for a response but there wasn't any. At that she gave a thankful sigh as she attempted to open the door, lucky for her the door was unlocked so she ventured inside to see the many rooms that it had.

she stopped looking around when she found a closet full of cleaning equipment, that is when she had decided to begin cleaning her new home since she noticed how dusty it was. While cleaning up many of the rooms and she noticed one that she had not explored in yet, she placed the cleaning equipment down and walked towards the door.

Something felt strange like her ominous magic was slowly going away whatever was behind that door was the cause of it, she slowly turned the door knob and entered what she saw was extremely frightening. It was a man with extremely long spiky hair who laid on the bed half dead. She didn't know what to do but she ran to him holding his hand caring for the stake of his life completely forgetting about her curse.

She felt her magic begin to swell up as her eyes went into panic she forgot about her curse that takes life but as soon s it rose it disappeared, like it was syphoned. "sir did you...." she began. "Don't..............stay..............near..............me.........." she tried to understand what he was saying since it was very slow and managed fairly well "no keep absorbing this curse because...it kills all life I don't know how you do it but keep on doing it if you need mana to survive then take mines".

The man didn't know what to say at the young woman who stood before him was this the one to help with his strange illness? As he was lost in thought she began cleaning his room until a small book fell from a bookshelf she picked it up slightly curious on the contents. "stasis magic? this is exactly what I need" she quickly rushed out of the room with the book in hand as she went down to the lower levels of the house once she reached the basement she found a stray piece of stone and began using it to draw the magic circle.