Part 20 - Fashion week

The day had finally arrived, Millie's first London fashion week. She felt nauseous, her stomach ached with nerves for the entire two and half hour drive to London. She'd been working on this for months, it still didn't quite seem real that she was going to have her designs on the runway, it had been her dream since she was a young girl.
Since she used to dress up her sisters in their mums clothes and make them walk a pretent runway from the dining room, through the double doors into the lounge whilst Millie narrated their outfits to the crowd, usually the cat. She never thought she would get here.

As Ricco pulled into the car park of Somerset House, where it was being held. He turned off the engine and turned to her, breaking her out of her childhood reminiscence.

"Here we go" he smiled, raising his eyebrows and rubbing her on the knee excitedly.
He was excited for her, she deserved this. She was such a talented designer and with all the drama in her life right now she deserved one day to go right for her.

"Let's just go for pizza instead" smiled Millie.
"As tempting as that sounds... uh, no!" Replied Ricco
"Get out of my car!" He joked
Reluctantly Millie got out of the car, gathering her things from the boot. She took a deep breath before walking towards the entrance, it was as busy as she remembered Milan being when she had attended Milan fashion week. People coming and going, taking suitcases, hanging rails and suit bags into the venue, cars dropping off celebrities and crew members running around getting everything ready.

At the entrance a young guy with a clipboard approached her.

Ricco stepped in front of her, knowing she didn't like having to talk to people she didn't know and he'd done this a hundred time before.

"Mr Salvatore and Ms Vine, for Salvo's and A.Rose" Said Ricco

The man looked up and down his clipboard for a few moment

"Ah yes, thank you sir, if you make your way inside, go to the left where you'll be given your passes" he explained

"Thank you" replied Ricco, Millie followed him inside

Her nerves had intensified by 1000, she knew she was going to have to locate a bathroom soon or the contents of her stomach was going to be all over the floor. There was no way it was going to stay down.
She nervously scanned the room, there were world famous designers, supermodels, celebrities, she'd never seen so many famous people in one place and she felt pretty insignificant amongst them. They got their passes and went to find their backstage area where all their staff and models would be getting ready.

Millie clocked Mr Salvatore and his wife some way ahead of them.
"Hey there's your parents" said Millie, nudging Ricco who was completely engrossed in staring at a muscular, Mediterranean looking model across the room.
"Stop dribbling over the male models!" Teased Millie
"What? Sorry?" He replied, snapping out of his stare, realising what she had just said he rolled his eyes at her.

10 minutes until her collection took to the catwalk, the models were ready, Millie and Ricco went to take their seats along side the runway, next to Mr and Mrs Salvatore. Ricco hugged and kissed them both, and said something in Italian. Millie really needed to learn Italian!

Ricco's mum gave Millie a hug and kissed her on both cheeks

"Bravissimo Bella" she said with a big smile, Ricco's mum loved Millie, she always wished Ricco had been straight and that he and Millie would get together. She was completely accepting of Ricco being gay but being an only child she longed for a daughter in law.

The compere walked back onto the stage. Millie inhaled deeply, this was it. If this went well it could catapult her career to a whole other level. She could be a would renowned fashion designer, at nearly 27 she'd be one of the youngest to ever reach a global level! It was like a dream she was expecting to wake up from soon and find herself still making coffee for Mr Salvatore.