XIX

"Soljoo! How did you do on the exam?" I turn my head to see San jog over to me

"Soljoo! How did you do on the exam?" I turn my head to see San jog over to me. I stop in my tracks and wait for him to join me before answering him, "I think I did pretty well, I studied as much as possible. And you?" The boy gives me a sheepish smile and I instantly know the answer, "I'm pretty sure I aced it." We walk down the stairs and out of the school. Today was the last day of school before the Christmas break. Snow covers the whole street and every student is wearing a padded coat to protect themselves from the cold. "Finally over, we can rest!" San exclaims and the two of us wait for the bus to arrive so that we can go to his house.

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" I ask San who nods, "I'm meeting up with Wooyoung later to go to an internet cafe, and you?" I shrug and shake my head. Together, we enter the bus that arrived in front of us and take a seat in the back. "Do you feel alright?" San asks me, "You don't have to ask me that question every day, Sannie. I'm fine. I'm great even." I nudge his shoulder and give him a small smile. And it's true, even if I still have a small ache from the wounds the joy I feel thanks to him, his parents and everyone else, I don't have time to think about the pain. Everything is covered and I'm free. "I'm so glad to hear that, Soljoo, you don't even know." His wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him into a side hug before taking out his headphones and lending me one side. He puts music on and we make our way home.

Once we've arrived, we great his parents and go into our rooms to get comfortable. As I enter the room, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, making me jump in surprise. I take it out and see a notification from an app I haven't been on in a long time. The username shown underneath is enough to make my heartbeat fasten slightly and make me hurry to unlock my phone

park.sa
Hey, it's been a while

Mikjoo_19
Helloo it's been a long time indeed

park.sa
You seem happier than the last time we spoke

Mikjoo_19
That's because I am :)

park.sa
I'm very happy to hear that

park.sa
Do you want to maybe meet up? Like today

Mikjoo_19
Who would've thought that you would be the one asking to meet up

park.sa
crazy right

park.sa
anyways, do you

Mikjoo_19
If my parents let me

Behind the phone screen, Seonghwa smiles once seeing Soljoo say "my parents". She's finally away from her misery.

park.sa
Ask them

park.sa
I'm really bored so why not be a bit less bored and see you

park.sa
I promise that I won't run away as soon as I see your face :)