Chapter 11

Natsu POV:

After a super long day of sword training with Kirito we decide to log out, saying goodbye to the ALO Fairy Tail and log out. After saying a quick hello to Lucy we make our way to the guild hall, since we're all starving. I mean I could eat the guild hall! Kiko hangs on me talking to me, Kirito gives me some pointers on my sword skills, Erza and Asuna talk about their attack combinations and the best part...we have a determination to get our friend back. Each of us has our own reason for doing this, but all the reasons combine. All of us want Lucy back, I know Kiko wants her back pretty bad. But I miss her almost as much, if not more. I keep thinking about what I'll say over and over, but I know one thing that I'll say for certain.

Lucy I love you.

As I push open the door to the guild hall I notice someone talking to Master Makarov, he's dressed in a suit and there's something about him that I don't like.

"Hey Gramps we're back!" I yell over to him, picking up Kiko.

"Ah good to see you all, any more progress in game?" He asks.

"Yeah, apparently Lucy's guild is still going in ALO. Some of her old guild members are still stuck like her so they recreated the guild again, it's pretty cool if I'm honest." I say sitting Kiko on the bar. "Who's this?"

"Please forgive my rudeness, my name is Sugō Nobuyuki. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He says bowing slightly.

"Nobuyuki?" Asuna asks walking over. "What are you doing here in Fiore?"

"Ah miss Yuuki, pleasure to see you as always." Sugō says with a smile, yeah I really don't like him. "I'm actually here because of the SAO incident, one of my fathers friends had a daughter who went into the game. And I was told she belonged to a guild here, her father and I haven't spoken since he passed but I've always been close with the family."

"Who are you talking about?" Kirito asks, looks like he doesn't like him either.

"Her name was Lucy Heartfilia,can used to play together as children." He then smiles, but his smile is like one of victory. "We're actually betrothed, her father signed the papers many years ago, but with all that's happened we've hardly had time to plan the whole thing."

My heart stops, he's her fiancé? But Lucy never mentioned him at all!

"Like hell you are!" I yell angrily. "If you are her fiancé where have you been all these years! I've known Luce for a long time and not once has she mentioned you!"

"She was never very fond of me, it was a business marriage. One to unite the Heartfilia company with the one your father and I work for Miss Yuuki." He says pulling some paper from the pocket of his jacket. "And here is the contract, in case you wish to check that everything is in order Master Makarov."

Gramps takes the paper and reads it over, he reads it again and again. He then sighs.

"This looks authentic." He says and then slams the paper down on the bar causing Kiko to flinch away. "However, Lucy is in no state to stand up for her self in this matter. From what I understand she was never betrothed, so you have until the count of three to leave my guild and my children alone."

His body begins to glow and you can tell he's getting very, very angry. Sugō begins to step away his face full of fear, but then his fear turns to anger.

"You really think this will stop me! I will have Lucy Heartfilia, she will be mine and there is nothing you can do to stop me!" He yells and then I snap.

I run at him with everything I have, my hand ablaze with flames. With a swing of my arm I send my fist crashing into the side of his face, sending him out into the cafe area of the guild courtyard. He looks at me with true horror written on his face, he backs away holding his burnt cheek.

"How dare you!" He yells, his voice shaking. "You're a demon!"

"No I'm not." I say my eyes dark. "I'm a dragon."

With that he stands up and runs away yelling curses at me as he runs, taking a deep breath I try to calm down. Then I feel someone tug my pants, turning around I look at Kiko. Her eyes full of tears.

"Daddy, he won't take me and mommy away will he? I don't want him to be my daddy, I want you!" She cries as the tears fall down her cheeks.

Instantly my flames vanish,kneeling down I pull her into my arms. She sobs into my scarf as she holds me tightly, I pick her up and then walk back into the guild. Master Makarov looks at me with approval.

"Thank you my boy, there was no way I was letting him get his hands on Lucy." Master says with a sigh. "From now on I want teams of two to guard Lucy at all times, something tells me that creep is either planning or doing something big. Cana can you select teams please?"

"Sure Master." Cana says and pulls out her guild member cards.

She shuffles them and then begins to select two at a time, making sure that each team has a strong member and a support member. Once all the teams have been assigned they head to the hospital ready for the first shift, I hold Kiko tightly in my arms as she begins to calm down. She sniffs and holds tightly onto my scarf, looking down on her I plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I won't let him get his hands on you Kiko, I promised your mommy that I would take care of her. And I'm promising you that too, I'll protect you." I say with a smile.

I notice people look over at me with warm smiles on their faces, guess I really look like a dad now. Chuckling slightly I sit Kiko down so that she can eat her food, I then look over at Asuna.

"Hey Asuna, how do you know that creep?" I ask her.

"He works with my dad back in Japan, he works with this company called RECT Progress. But I've no idea why he would come to Fiore and pull a stunt like this...." She says playing with a strand of her hair. "Why...."

"What if...." Kirito says placing a hand on his chin in thought. "What if he has something to do with the players being stuck?"

Lucy POV:

Oberon walks towards me holding a piece of cloth in his hand, I look up from my bed and focus on the fabric. It's to small to be a new item of clothing (Which he continues to give me) But it's too big to be anything else. As he walks over to me he picks up a strand of my hair, I flinch away as he smirks at me.

"My dear, you shy away even when I have a gift for you?" He says tossing the cloth at me. "On my journeys I found a building, this was hanging from it. I thought you might like it, I hope it will bring back some.....memories." And with that he walks out of my cage, however this time I focus on my bed.

My bed has a reflective side, and I've found as I stare at it I can see things that Oberon would rather I not see. Focusing on the keypad I watch the numbers as they appear....

81132329

He walks away as the gate closes I pull the piece of fabric into my lap, tucking my hair behind my ear I open the fabric. Tears fill my eyes as I look at what it is, it's familiar red colour and black symbol I know all too well....

"Fairy Tail...." I whisper bringing the fabric to my face. "I promise I'll be home soon...."

Looking towards the gate I check that Oberon's gone and then run over to it, I quickly type the code into the gate and it springs open. My heart pounding in my chest I step out of my cage, and then I begin to run.