“And you’re really generous with your compliments,” She commented.

“Is that a bad thing too?”

“No, not at all.” She beamed.

He responded, “Good. Now what do you want to eat for dinner?”

“Hmmm. I forgot the name of the place, but it’s just a few blocks from here.” She answered, not ignoring his question.

“It’s okay. Let’s go!”

While they were walking, Jungkook kept on stealing glances from Chaeyoung. On the other hand, Chaeyoung was hesitating about explaining to Jungkook regarding last night with Taehyung or not.

“Jungkook, ah . . . about last night . . .” Chaeyoung started to say.

Then Jungkook interrupted, “What about it?”

“Umm, did you sleep well?” She blurted. Then she murmured to herself, “Of course, I did not need to explain anything. But then again, there’s no harm in talking about it.”

“Chaeyoung? You were saying?”

She answered in a blank state, “Huh?”

Before Jungkook could say anything, a man approached them.

The man said, “Hey Jungkook! I did not know you have a girlfriend. Why don’t you introduce us to each other?”

Chaeyoung was embarrassed at the comment of Jungkook’s friend. Even Jungkook was tongue-tied for a moment.

“No! I mean . . . Chaeyoung, this is Frank, my colleague. Frank, this is Chaeyoung, my friend.” Jungkook said.

Then Chaeyoung and Frank shook hands.

“Nice to meet you Chaeyoung, Jungkook’s friend.” Frank said.

Chaeyoung just smiled in response.

Frank grinned, “Hmmm. So Chaeyoung, do you have a boyfriend?”

Chaeyoung was shocked at Frank’s direct question. She looked at Jungkook as if to ask for help. But Jungkook looked as clueless as she was.

So she bluntly answered, “I don’t have one.”

“Nice! Can I have your number?”

“Ummm. No!”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Feisty! I like you.“ Frank boldly answered, giving Chaeyoung a flirty wink. “It’s alright. Maybe next time.”

When he left, Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows at Jungkook.

Jungkook explained, “Chaeyoung, I’m really sorry about Frank. Don’t mind him. He’s usually like that around girls he just met. But he’s a good guy.”

“Sounds like you are trying to sell him to me, are you?” Chaeyoung asked.

“No! Of course not!”

She smiled before saying, “That’s good. By the way, we’re here.”

The restaurant was called Veteres. The place was not very big but it looked so cozy. The entire place was filled with rustic pendant lightings which made the place warm and inviting. The furniture pieces around the restaurant were also exquisitely picked that the vintage ambience of the restaurant was highlighted.

“What do you think about this place?” She asked.

“It looked nice. Have you been here before?”