Actual Softie

Requested by happybullshitter:
Can I request a Draco oneshot where it's the readers and his one year anniversary (I'm in slytherin and mudblood) and he forgets and the reader gets really upset and ignores him and he asked her best friend (whoever) and she tells him and he makes it up to her and it's really fluffy and cute.
———-

Y/N opens her eyes, smiling as the light hits her face. Her dorm room is, surprisingly, empty. After fixing her bed, she proceeds to get a shower. It was a Saturday, and she hoped that her boyfriend of exactly a year today would do something very sweet for her.

She and Draco had a peculiar relationship. She was a Slytherin, yes, but a Muggle-born, as well. This was often a subject of debate for him and his family. Again and again, he's defended her. Again and again, she falls in love with him.

"Oi! Y/N!" Her best friend, Janice, shouts as she turns the tap off.

"In here," she responds, stepping out of the shower in a towel.

"Excited?" Janice asks, smiling as Y/N blushes. Draco had always been someone they were good friends with, someone who was very close to them. Seeing Y/N and Draco happy as they were was a constant relief for her.

"Very," Y/N smiles, "I wonder what he'll do."

"Should be something special," Janice replies as Y/N puts on her underwear. They didn't have much boundaries, these two.

"I'll be happy with just spending the day with him. What should I wear?"

"The emerald dress. He likes that one," Janice says, grabbing a simple dress from her closet. "This would go nice with flats."

"Agreed," she smiles, "I wonder what he'll do."

"What'd you do for him?"

"I bought him a little something. He likes Muggle music. I bought him an iPod. I enchanted it myself to make it work here in Hogwarts. It wasn't easy."

"His parents?"

"He bought a flat last summer so he doesn't have to stay with them. He had his own savings, really, and some benefactor added quite a sum to his account. We still don't know who, honestly. But we're thankful."

"Geez," Janice says, laughing slightly, "you sound like a wife."

Y/N laughs, putting on the dress and shoes. She brushes her hair and puts it into a messy braid. Draco always did like it when he got to remove the braid and play with her hair. "I don't expect a lot. I think I'll be happy with us just spending time together."

Janice stands, smiling, and heads for the door, "love is so stupid."

"You don't believe that."

"Sure I do. Ba-bye, Mrs. Draco Malfoy," Janice says, causing Y/N to turn red remarkably. Despite this, of course, she's thought about how it would feel like to be Mrs. Malfoy. To wake up next to Draco everyday and sleep beside him each night. She thought about carrying a small blonde-haired child on her hip, or maybe waking up to Draco tickling him. She always did want a son. Scorpius sounded like a very good name. She smiles to herself, grabs his gift and walks out the door, hoping to bump into her boyfriend of exactly a year today.
———-

"Crabbe," she shouts, seeing his big friend. She is mad and desperate. She hasn't found Draco despite an hour of vigorous looking.

"Yeah?" He asks, munching on a muffin.

"Have you seen Draco? I've been looking for him everywhere, and I can't seem to find him."

"He's playing Quidditch with Blaise and Theo."