Silly

silly // tom riddle
pairing ➵ reader x tom riddle
genre ➵ angst/fluff
note ➵ I'm sorry this got so fluffy and didn't end up being as 'canonical' as you may have desired but, I tried.
tw ➵ blood mention
~♡~

you had joined hogwarts halfway through 5th year as you'd moved from beauxbatons academy (originally born in britain but moved to france and then moved back again)
everyone was gathered in the great hall for your introduction as headmaster dippet felt this to be the best way to introduce you to the other students.
"good evening all, I hope all is well and your day has been splendid. I've gathered you all here today to introduce the new member of our school- (y/n) (l/n). she's come from beauxbatons academy and has been sorted into ravenclaw here at hogwarts." dippet finally finished, looking over at you to say something.
"umm- hello, I'm (y/n) and I hope we get on well together." you said with a smile.
you were greeted by applauses all around and this only made you feel more welcome, maybe starting a new school half way through the school year wouldn't be too bad.
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
you'd made friends in your common room and they were very welcoming and friendly, making you feel at home.
your first class was potions and you were quite excited, back at beauxbatons it was your absolute favourite.
you'd walked in to the classroom only to garner the attention of professor slughorn.
"well good morning dear, you're from france I hear. how's it been so far at hogwarts?" slughorn asked eagerly.
"it's been well, thank you. I've made many friends and people have been nothing but kind." you said making boys and girls alike awe at your sweetness. they adored the new girl. except 1, who was known as tom riddle. he'd never smile at your cuteness or grin at your sweetness. he'd remain emotionless, always.
"well, that's great my dear! I assign you a seat next to tom, my best student! I know he can help you as much as you'd need." slughorn beamed as you followed his eyes over to this tom. it was the boy. the boy who never smiled with his eyes. a shame really, you were sure his beautiful eyes would look great in a smile.
tom inwardly grimaced as you walked over to sit next to him.
"hello miss. (l/n), it's a pleasure to meet you." he said, finally looking at you, giving you that dishonest smile again. however, you were startled at his politeness.
"please call me (y/n), tom and nice to meet you too." you said with your signature smile.
"well, well. let us start this lesson." slughorn said as all your text books flicked to the appropriate page.
he explained to you all how to make the potion in question and everyone got to work.
tom began working like clock work, adding one ingredient after another. you wanted to help because you loved the subject so much and therefore wanted to have input but he just wasn't having it.
"tom, may I-" you tried to appeal to him.
"no, you stupid girl. you just continue with your smiling and I'm going to do the work." he muttered under his breath just so only you would hear him.
though, when slughorn walked towards the desk of the both of you, tom looked at you and asked "please could you give me the lethe river water vile, (y/n)?"
"why of course tom!" you said with such enthusiasm that everyone else in the class turned to look at you causing tom to flash his signature smirk.
of course what they didn't know was that this was the first time in the lesson tom had requested your help and you were so excited to finally be contributing, it just exploded out of you. however, this request wasn't genuine, he'd only asked for your help so he wouldn't get criticised by slughorn for not letting you do anything.
manipulative. another great characteristic.
"well m'boy, you seem to have gotten yourself a new admirer." slughorn said quitely to tom, winking at him and causing you to flush scarlet.
and this is how it'd go, every lesson.
he'd never let you do anything, let you speak to him, nothing.
even outside of class he never spoke to you or even acknowledged your existence.
until, one day
tom was brewing a potion that required 2 snake fangs and he'd put in 3. you were daydreaming but were still in the world of reality.
you'd seen what he'd done and knew you had to quickly do something.
"..tom." you said quietly, obviously he ignored.
"oh my god, tom." you could barely finish, foreseeing the outcome
and grabbed him and pulled him away from the both of yours cauldron. you'd both landed on the ground and the potion exploded causing slughorn to run over to check if the both of you were alright.
"you saved my life." tom mumbled rather shocked at what had just happened.
"are you alright?" you asked him, inspecting him to see if he was bleeding anywhere.
"yes but you're bleeding." he said quietly as you quickly looked away from him to wipe away the blood. at that moment, he looked at you as he'd never looked at you before.
"(y/n), tom. are you both alright?" slughorn asked with panic.
"yes sir, thank you." tom said as he rose, not even offering you a hand up.
"I think (y/n) deserves a round of applause, if it wasn't her fast thinking, merlin knows what might have happened to tom." slughorn said as your classmates began to clap for you.

after slughorn managed to get the classroom cleaned he bid the students farewell.
"that's enough for today, I'll see you all tomorrow."
as you walked out of slughorn's classroom you could have sworn that tom's hand was bleeding so you reached out to check tom's hand. he viciously shook you off and snarled "just because you moved me away from that explosion doesn't make us friends."
and walked off.
for some reason you felt tears filling your eyes as for an unknown reason you had developed a crush on tom and his way towards you did nothing but make you unhappy.
you thought about the look he gave you and rather naively thought it could lead to a friendship between the 2 of you.
but of course it wouldn't happen.
*•*•*•*•*•*
as time went on he began to start letting you participate in potion making, casually glancing at you from time to time.
still refusing to speak to you unless absolutely necessary.
and then one day,
you for some unknown reason decided to walk into the forbidden forest.
you were, some could describe as, enchanted.
it was dark and dim and cruel but yet full of life.
you'd tripped over a large branch and fell to the ground.
out of nowhere a large snake appeared with huge red eyes, looking at you like it hadn't eaten in weeks.
"stop." tom commanded in parseltongue.
"tom?" you asked in genuine bewilderment.
"stand behind me." he said monotoned as you followed suit.

"yes, my lord." the snaked responded, understanding this particular being wasn't meant for his eating.
"you're a parseltongue?" you asked, confused.
tom didn't reply and just turned around and began walking away.
"tom! tom riddle! why did you do that? why did you save me?" you shouted, finally had enough of his confusing act.
"quite, you stupid girl!" he shouted back at you.
"well, why?!" you asked beginning to get angry.
"if you must know, (y/l/n), I couldn't just watch you get eaten by a snake could I?" he mumbled quietly.
"I hardly think so since you didn't even thank me for moving you away from your potion disaster. so I'll ask you again riddle, why?" you said with a new found snarl.
"(y/l/n), must you be such a smart arse all the time?" he gritted back.
"I wouldn't have to be if you just learned how to be fucking straight forward!" you yelled, losing your patience.
"now, now. language miss. (y/l/n)." he said with a smirk.
"just tell me, please." you let out in a sob, this anger you'd had boiling inside of you leaving you now in the form of sadness.
"(y/n).."
"I guess I just couldn't do without you, do you understand now (y/n)." he said to you, avoiding eye contact while scratching the back of his head.
"no! no I don't understand tom! I won't ever understand unless you tell me properly!" you shrieked as you tried to control your sobbing but miserably failed.
"don't you shout at me you silly girl." he said with no emotion and walked over to you and pressed a kiss to your cheek.
"I like you (y/n)." he whispered to you.
"I've never liked anyone before and I didn't know how to act so I guess I just assumed that if I was especially mean to you, you'd hate me." he mumbled.
"you silly boy." you said and pressed your lips to his.
~♡~
A/n
I hope you guys love it tell me if you want more of tom if not next is Draco or Harry....Bye.
Word counted:1556