Chapter 3: Sisters Part 1

"Diago! Diago!! Wake up!!" The sound of my little brother's voice woke me from my slumber as I groggily hopped out of my bed. Turning my head to face the clock as it read, 6:00 A.M; I immediately groaned at the sight. Why is my brother up so early? Ugh, however, it doesn't matter. As long as no one crazy, no one desperately tries to attack Ryota or any of my friends, everything should be fine. Jolting, I'm running out of my bedroom and into the hall. All the lights were turned off except the bulbs that created a bright light shining in the living room.

Sliding in with my black socks still on, my eyes adjusted to the dangerously bright room. Expecting a shady voice breaking the sudden silence, a hearty laugh suddenly erupts as someone began to speak. "Don't worry, Diago! It's me, Xander!" Confusion covered my face as my jaw dropped.

With my eyes free from squinting at the bright light source, I saw the blader who sat on the couch wearing his usual clothing of red and yellow. His brown shoes were neatly placed at my front door and he was actually sitting there in my apartment! How did he find where I lived and why did Ryota let him in!?

"W-why are you here?" I stuttered, still half asleep. A smile beamed on his face and it was the same with my little brother who sat in his lap as they sat on the couch together. Wanting to go back to bed, I remained standing in my living room staring at the two with my sleepy eyes.

"We're going ice skating!" Both Ryota and Xander exclaimed in unison.

"What-where are we going?" I asked, still unsure about what they said because it made no sense. I don't "ice skate" because I'm a blader. Launching Doomsizor into the stadium as it rushes around its opponent is what I'm best at. Also, I don't even know how to skate, nonetheless, skate on ice.

"You'll see, Diago. You'll see, just get ready so we can hit the road!" he shouted again. Dragging my feet, I began to haul my body to my bathroom to shower. Letting the warm water run, I took a quick rinse before using soap and shampoo. Faintly, I could hear the laughter from my little brother and Xander. Smiling to myself, I turned off the water as I left the bathroom. My brother smiled as he rushed right into the room I left.

"He's a good kid," Xander complimented, popping up in the hallway of my room. Nodding to him before I entered my bedroom, I replied.

"He is." Once inside, I instantly put on my usual clothing. An orange shirt with a black sweater on top. As well as black pants since it was freezing cold outside and my red scarf that wrapped around my black hair.

Leaving my room, Xander was sitting on my couch with his eyes closed shut. Every second that passed, he took a deep breath as he rested with his hands folded. Suddenly, his eyes shot wide open as he peered through my direction. Out of nowhere, he gave a wide smile as he hopped off of the grey couch.

"Meditating?" I guessed, tilting my head as I asked my question.

"Yep!" he exclaimed. Why does he always have to be so loud? It's still so early yet he's screaming at the top of his lungs. Smiling back, he reminded me so much of Valt. The way they would always bring out so much energy and enthusiasm would paint a warm smile across my face. 

Before I knew it, I was relaxing in my living room with Xander as we ate breakfast, a hot bacon and egg sandwich that he pulled out of nowhere. As time passed, I didn't realize that my little brother was already done in the shower. He was running out of his room with all the winter gear he could ever need. A black puffy jacket, warm black pants along with adorable red gloves that covered his hands. A pair of white ice skates were held in his hand as he ran right up to me. 

Giving him a sandwich, I watched as my little brother gobbled the warm breakfast when Xander stood up from his spot on the couch. Stretching his legs, he gazed at me before he spoke.