But Steve stopped himself from doing so with the shake of his head and began to play with the youngers hair, running his nails ever so gently over his scalp, twisting and combing small strands, all the attention creating a mewl at the back of Bucky's throat and for him to place his head up on Steve's chest.

Steves heart melts and he can't resist his urge any longer. He gently places his forefinger under the boys chin, tilting upward so that Steve could see his gorgeous peach lips and lowers his face down to steal a kiss.

The moment his lips brush against Bucky's, a warmth rushes through his body and sparks electrocute between their lips. His mind was on fire, and after that, Steve was addicted. He couldn't bare to not be with Bucky any longer and he could hardly breathe when he was around.

The kiss was short and sweet, comforting in ways that words would never be. Bucky's lips were incredibly soft, and by the time Steve pulls away, his own lips are tingling and a blush has made its way up his neck. He stares down at the boy, reaching a hand up and caresses his cheek, swiping his thumb across the soft skin.

Bucky keens softly in his sleep and leans into the touch, licking his lips and easing back into Steve's chest. Steve's heart rate had skyrocketed and his body was on fire. He wanted to kiss Bucky again, nibble his lip, swipe his tongue inside his mouth, work whimpers and moans from his vocal cords.

But he knew he shouldn't. It wasn't fair on Bucky, and it wasn't fair on T'Challa, no matter how much he hated him and whatever it was that they had. He removes his hand from the boys cheek and snakes his arm around his waist, pulls him overtop of his body and hushes him softly at Bucky's lazy mumbling.

"Shh Shh, sleep love, sleep.." He whispers, combing his hand back through Bucky's hair.

Bucky mumbles something inaudible in his sleep and exhales deeply, nuzzling into Steve's chest. His hand is still clutching at the others gown, right over Steve's heart and enables him to feel his heartbeat through the tips of his fingers.

Steve holds the younger tightly, not wanting to miss the only opportunity he has at being so close to Bucky and waste it. He knew he couldn't kiss him again, that Bucky would probably wake up and get angry, yelling that he was in a relationship (or something? Steve had no idea) and didn't like him in that way, so he settled for hugging and playing with his hair.

Bucky looked so small, so innocent in his large arms. So at peace. It had only been a few days since Bucky was in his arms, but it felt like an eternity. Steve wanted to stay like this forever, wanted to wake up with Bucky sleeping in his arms, to be able to kiss and hug the boy whenever he wanted. He wanted so many things. But he couldn't have them.

Steve sighs, flopping his head back onto his pillow. Wiping Bucky from his thoughts, he couldn't help but feel the large pain in his side, sparking down to his hip and causing him to bite his lower lip. Shit.

He leans over, grabbing ahold of the small remote with multiple buttons and presses the one for the nurse, closing his eyes to try and focus on his breathing and not the pain.

He drops the remote and weaves his fingers back through Bucky's hair, an instant state of calmness washing over him as he awaited the nurse. Leave it to Bucky to help him calm down and ignore the pain. God he was in deep.

The sound of the door clicking open cut Steve from his thoughts and he moved his gaze over in the direction, catching sight of a nurse wheeling in a tray and Sam and his parents close behind.