Wolf pups x Beta!Wolf!Reader

(Random idea that came to mind :D idk)

You were Beta of your Pack. While some may think it's a role suited for almost all wolves, you knew it wasn't just for everyone; you had worked hard for this role, and it sure as hell wasn't easy. Nevertheless, you preferred this role over others sometimes.

One thing you enjoyed coming back from a hunt to see, though, was watching three certain pups play together. Their names were Midnight, Cloud and Asher, all being brothers. Ever since they were born, you promised their parents, two wolves named Mika and Apollo, that you would protect them until your dying breath. Why? Something deep down told you that they were special pups. And because you loved them right away.

You were just coming back from a hunt, holding a rabbit in your jaws. All you did was tiredly toss it over to a pile where all the prey went, and walked over to a tree at the edge of the camp. Laying under it, you stared at the clouds rolling by, the light blue sky in the background and the sun shining down on the tip of your nose, along with bits here and there of your (F/C) fur. Speaking of clouds, a small white bundle of fur ran over to you, jumping onto your back, or trying to, at least. You smiled without looking back at the small pup sitting by your side with his paws against your fur. "Hello, Cloud."

"Hi, (Y/N)!" He yipped happily, his tongue hanging out of his mouth like a dog's would. You then felt another bundle of flesh and warm fur curl up against your front legs. "Guess who?" The familiar voice said suddenly, and you smiled again. "Let me guess... Midnight?" In response, you heard a small yip as the black furred pup got off your paws and stepped in front of you. "Yeah! How'd you know, though? Was it that obvious?!" You whined in genuine happiness at his excitement. "Nope. Just a lucky guess."

"Guys! Wait for me!" A third voice called out, and you all turned to see the third pup, Asher, run up. He was the runt, but was still pretty tough despite that. He's been able to overthrow his brothers plenty of times when they were play-fighting. As soon as he got up to the three of you, he bounded up to your shoulder, rubbing his head against it as if in greeting. You nuzzled his head in return.

"Did you go hunting? Did you catch anything??" Midnight excitedly exclaimed, to which you nodded at both questions. "What'd you catch?!" All three barked in unison, to which you let out a wolf-like chuckle. "It was only a rabbit. But, I think that I saw Alaska catch a deer." This was enough to send the pups over-the-edge with curiosity and excitement. After begging you to tell them more, you finally agreed, making up a tale as you went along. Their eyes lit up and they stayed quiet, letting you finish up to the very last word. You loved the way they were so excited over the smallest things.

You then watched as they all yawned, having a tired look in their little eyes. Without much more said, they moved towards you, and you felt them curl up on either side of your fur. Your smile never faltered as you laid your head down, becoming tired as well. 'I'll always protect you. No matter what, you'll be safe. I swear on my life.' You vowed in your head, shutting your eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep with the pups.

(Sucky ending, so I'm sorry for dat :D)