Chapter 10| Awakening

Katsumi stood there in shock, not believing the boy who had asked her out was some kind of monster

   Katsumi stood there in shock, not believing the boy who had asked her out was some kind of monster. His face was demonic, his eyes blood shot red. His mouth was like a zipper with a crooked smile. "Mad king..? What are you even talking about..?"

   "Foolish human. I only lured you out to send you to this world. Did you really think anyone would want to be romantically involved with you?"

   Trying not to let his words get to her, Katsumi balled her hands into fists. "Shut up! What do you know?! You're just a monster, Jun! Or whatever your name is!"

Jun chuckled maliciously. "Do you not even know my true identity when I admitted what I am?"

"You only said you're the dark king! You didn't even mention your name!"

The dark king's face dropped. "You're a bigger idiot that I thought."

Tsubaki and Ryusai arrived at the same time, trying to catch their breath. They took out their weapons, a small blade and a katana that had clashed several times. But now, they were going to work together.

The dark king snapped, making two shadow creatures appear from the ground. Appearing behind the two guys, the shadow creatures ended up binding them, making them drop their weapons on the ground.

   Turning around, Katsumi saw Tsubaki and Ryusai struggling in the shadow creatures' grasp. Instead of letting fear consume her, she let anger substitute. Turning back towards the dark king, she stomped her foot once in protest. "Let them go!"

   The dark king let out a laugh. "Do you really think intimidation is going to help?! You're just a weak human girl!"

   "I may be, but I know you're after the star stone in my eye! Why else would you go after me?!"

   Humming impressively, the dark king smirked. "That's correct. That star stone will help me resurrect Iliana. Since you have completed your studying, all I need to do now is take it from you for my wish to work."

   Tsubaki grunted at the mention of the woman's name. "How do you know my mother's name..?"

   Katsumi was confused more than anything. Not only did he know Tsubaki's mother's name, there was... "How did you know I completed my studying?"

   The dark king let out an evil laugh. "Stupid girl! I'll have to show you my true nature for you to connect the dots!" Dark smoke surrounded the dark king, bathing him in darkness. Once the smoke started to subside, Jun was no more. But instead... Katsumi widened her eyes, not believing the dark king really was.

The one who was most surprised was Tsubaki. His mouth was agape, his eyes wavering. "Father..?"

The king they were used to seeing was unfamiliar to them. His long chestnut hair was the color of the black night, his skin was a light gray. His eyes thirsted for blood, crimson red that pierced through one's soul. Trembling in fear, Katsumi felt herself trembling in place. "King Sanjiro..."