susabi 🌸 seven seas, two lonely soul

"are you susabi? the throne heir of the Kyo Sea?"

"yes.. yes i am..."

the black haired witch gazed attentively as the mermaid prince, susabi, assured that he is keen to his decision. though how many times he convinced him to not to further his will of obtaining ancient nine-root sea lotus in order to change tails into a apir of human legs has not been abolished for so long, and yet as the empire's right man he at last gave up.

the prince was rock headed indeed.

susabi could not keep his eyes off the oddness of the small cave, and what bothers him more was that nine sea serpents was lingering around the great sea sorcerer, orochi's body.

"then prince susabi, i had no choice. but you need to give me a dime for the sake of keeping this secret safe."

orochi turned his head from backfacing him, mixing potions and remedies in pots as the prince nodded vigorously at his words.

"i- i will pay whatever the price. as long as i can meet that human woman again..."

"does meeting her makes you eligible to thanks her?"

"what do you mean?"

"i heard you leads the last sea orchestra, and you sure have great talent in singing, don't you?"

orochi who was picking up different colored potion on the shelves turned his heels around, his pet sea serpents trailed their head to susabi, who stood behind frozen.

"are you trying to-"

"my, oh my, prince susabi... your voice, i need them"

the blue haired started to think for a second, rubbing his neck nervously while gulping saliva down his seat. then, he gazed up to orochi who was waiting patiently to his arguments.

"i will do whatever it takes- take it but make sure to return it when i am back."

"i will, i promise you or my head will be in the display of your family's prison."

+

"g-gwahhhh!!!"

the blue haired merman was genuflecting on the white sand, his hands gripping on both knees with eyes wide open. he had just tripped down from his attempt to stand up and walk like a normal human will do. it was almost dusk, so he had to be real quick.

he was aware that no one on the surface  ever knew his identity,  as the son of the glorious ocean dominator. in the sea, he might be well known but everything changed 360 degree once he have decided to mask it all, and gain his human form.

he stood up several times again until he got to stand properly. his hands rubbing on his calf, carresing the soft hair on his legs. then, he realized that when he was too busy minding to walk, he forgot to seal his hips and down parts. now that he had to find  something to cover his naked body.

"what's that?" he thought to himself.

luckily he found an abandoned small hut not far from the spot he regained consciousness. he hasted his way there and knocked on the door. unwilingly, susabi just had to rummage through the door made of coconut leaves and spend his night.

"is this what human call as a miracle?"

he talked to his thoughts that night, hugging his knees to cover himself from the cold and lone night breeze. what's more, he is a loner himself.

he might be mute, but only for the time being.

+

he had lived there for almost two weeks. his race has high immunity against hungriness, that's why they had fit bodies and tough muscles.

susabi woke up early on one morning due to the noises that scramed his hearing. noticing that there are several pieces of plywoods floating on the surface he took quite a long time before he decided to peek on the situation.

less to his expectation, he had seen the sight before his eyes not long ago, where a sailship was destroyed by the sea storm. no one under the sea cared less about those humans who they called as greedy and grumpy although some of them are innocuous in that situation.

the same incident happened again, and he watched from afar when a human silhouette was drifted to the beachside on a plywoods which seems to be laid by his weight.

he decided to check. only god know how suprised he becomes when what was laying unconscious in front of him was a female, a yound lady who's face was cut by scars on her chin, cheeks and a damaged left eye. her body was wet of sea scum and the strong essence of blood bothered susabi.

he checked her pulse, because that's what human does. the woman was breathing weakly, her pulse beats and motionless state.

when susabi carresed her (hair color) sidebangs to the back of her ears, he gained a better look on her magnificent facial.

"humans are such beautiful creature.."

susabi muttered to his inner self, eyes unaverted from her. he decided to bring her home for an aid, but he never really know how to, wether to drag her by her hands home or carried her another way. he even had the idea of carrying her on a coconut palm to be taken home.

the next day,  (name) woke up be in different place, as if she traveled through times and was set on a different dimension.

she was sleeping in a small hut, the shanty hut was so small that she could hardly differentiate what was this and that things. then, when (name) realized that susabi was sitting cross legged across her lying body, back leaning against the hut's oak wall she screamed hysterically.

he didn't react.

"who are you-!! where the hell am i?!"

she keep repeating in tense the same statement to him. then, giving up when susabi pointed his index finger to his throat, shaking his heads several times.

tired of receiving unreplied responses, she tried to sit on the floor though her body aches badly. she hissed under her breath.

'this brat here.. is he mute or- wait..."

she whispered to herself when finally susabi averted his mysterious gaze out of the poor winndow.

"are you.. mute?"

he shaked his head slowly,  eyes still staring at the cloudy evening sky outside.

"is this your house?"

he doubted whether to nod or not and he did it at last.

"are you the one who saved me?"

he just wajted to scream yes right away.