"Yes" Su Jin said and started to get up

"Don't be in a hurry, I still have more advise for you." Bai Qian said, causing Su Jin to sink back on her knees.

"I have always been greeted by all immortals based on the Qing Qi rituals. If you want to greet me formally, you need to take a bath and change clothes three days in advance, fast from meat and burn incense. On the third day, you can then bow three times to me. It's a bit troublesome but even your husband Ye Hua would be required to follow the rituals if he were to pay homage to me. However I find it troublesome coming from little immortals, knowing their intentions is good enough for me. Next time you want to earnestly pay respect to me, do it the Qing Qi way and don't mention heaven's rules to me."

"It is my fault"

"Also, my mother never gave me a sister, hearing a little immortal like you call me older sister makes me uncomfortable. You should address me as high goddess"

"Yes, High goddess"

Bai Qian walked back to her seat. "You may leave"

"Thank you"

"Su Jin" Bai Qian called out as the younger woman stood up, "your eyes are very beautiful. I think they'll suit me a lot more than the ones I have now"

Bai Qian watched the fear and confusion on Su Jin's face and felt her anger abate a little. As soon as she left Bai Qian asked Nai Nai to stay with A-Li and asked one of the immortal guards to lead her to Ye Hua's study. He was working on something, there were a few military officers in the study with him. They all bowed as soon as she came in while Ye Hua stood up.

"I need to talk to you in private" She said

He nodded and the room cleared.

As soon as the doors were shut he walked up to her and asked "you look so worried and serious, Qian Qian, what is it?"

"You jumped down Zhuxian terrace"

He sighed, kissed her head and pulled her into a hug.

"Why?" she asked

"I was going to save you"

"You'd have still been weak from the crown prince ascension ritual"

"I was going to save you or die trying"

"That's stupid, Ye Hua. At the time, I didn't know I would die, I was just going somewhere else, away from the pain and bullying. But you, you knew better, you knew you could die!" She pushed at him but he refused to let go

"I'd found a new world with you and I didn't want to go back to the old world without you"

"We have a son. I left him in your care"

"I'm sorry"

She sighed "Ye Hua, you can't keep doing things then apologizing. You have to do better"

"I promise I will"

"ok. Let me go so you can get back to work"

"Just a little longer. Qian Qian, I've missed you"

"We had breakfast together, it's barely been a few hours"

"I've missed you" He whispered in her ear, his voice had gotten husky and she felt her heart beat quicken. She strained against him, trying to get out of the band he had her in.

"Shhh" he whispered "I just want to hold you"

"If you don't let go soon, I'll definitely suffocate"

He moved his arms a bit. Someone announced his third uncle from outside the door.

"If I don't respond, he'll go away" Ye Hua said, showing no signs of letting her go

"Let him in" Bai Qian said out loud and Ye Hua released her from his grasp.

"You know?"

"That your staff has been told to treat my instructions as yours? Lucky guess"

Lian Song walked in, taking in the scene in the room as he walked in.

"Third uncle"

"Third prince"

Bai Qian & Ye Hua greeted.

"High god, Ye Hua" he greeted in response and none of them made any move to sit

"I'll leave you two" Bai Qian said but Ye Hua caught her hand when she started to walk

"Third uncle is here to meet you"

She looked at him with a frown

"It's okay. I trust him" Ye Hua continued, he saw her eyebrows arched in response "I do not trust blindly" her eyebrows arched higher and he sighed "you're the only one who thinks I'm a poor judge of character" she relaxed her brows but he saw he veil rise with her cheeks in a smirk "He already knows". She glared at him and he shrugged saying nothing

"This is interesting, you have to teach me how you do that" Lian Song said to Bai Qian

"It's a woman thing" she replied

"High god, if it is not too much trouble, can this immortal see your face? I've heard a lot about your beauty and it'll be a great honor to see it myself"

She smiled and took off the veil. "Your uncle has a glib tongue. I like it"

"Enough gawking, uncle. Qian Qian put your veil back on"

"I'd heard rumors you wore a veil because you were disfigured in the fight with Qing Cang but now I see it is because your fiancé is a jealous and possessive man"

"I wear the veil to reduce the gawking" she laughed in response putting the veil back on. She excused herself and left the room.

Lian Song smiled to himself. There was definitely going to be a wedding but he didn't know if the nine heavens was ready for the fox empress. It would be fun to watch.

[A/N: BQ's new hall will be Peach palace, it will become relevant later in the story. Thanks for the suggestions and for reading. Don't forget to vote, comment and share]