Part 8

Magnus P.O.V

I wake up to pure chaos, Alec is yelling for people to come, the kids are crying, and there's a long beep going through the room. My brain is foggy and I can't comprehend what is happening. Nurses rush in and start to push out Alec and the kids. I get up when Alec looks like he's gonna kill the nurse that is rushing out the kids.

"Don't touch them!" His voice is low and deadly his eyes are flicking back and forth between colors. His voice sounds scarier than when he yells.

"Alec calm down they need us to leave the room so we should leave with no problems ok?" My brain finally catches up to the situation the long beep was Mary's heart monitor. She's flatlining. I pick up Madzie and Alec picks up Rafe and we move out the way while the nurses rush and hook up machines then rush Mary out the room.

We wait 2 hours before Cat comes into view out of the operating room. Alec and I get up and go to her leaving the kids in the chairs. "Cat how is she?"

"I-i- Magnus I'm sorry but we couldn't save her" she says. I couldn't find anything to say. All I could think about was the kids. They just lost the last person that they had and it just made me remember everything. It made me remember my childhood and I can't let them go through that. They can't live the way that I did. I'll make sure that they feel loved and always know that I'm here.

I didn't notice that I was scratching my wrist until Cat grabbed my hand. "Magnus it opened again go get bandages from Carmen." She said in a whisper so I left to go get my old scares re bandaged.

Alec's P.O.V

I watched Magnus walk away holding his wrist firmly. The slight smell of blood coming off of him. I move to follow him but Cat grabs my arm and shakes her head no.

"Magnus isn't ready for you to know." She says calmly but that only makes me growl. How come she can know something about my mate that I don't?!

"Alec I get it he's your mate but you have to understand that he doesn't trust Alphas you have to gain his trust! But it isn't the time to be worried about that you have two kids to worry about! Right now they have no one but you and Mags."

I turn to the kids that haven't been notified about their mother. I immediately felt ashamed of myself. I'm so worried about being jealous and not worried about the kids that lost their mother. "What should I do I have no idea how to tell them?"

"I'll help this isn't the first time I've delivered the news but they'll need you to comfort them."

"Thank you Cat." I say with all sincerity. I stay in my place as I see Cat walk to the kids. I don't think I can handle hear her say it. But as soon as I see Rafe start crying and yelling for her to bring his mother to him I ran to them. I picked them both up and held them gently to my chest. I'm still just as clueless as to what do.

"Alexander let's bring them home." I hear Magnus whisper. When did he get back? But I don't ask I just nod and her him take Madzie from on of my arms.

"I don't know if you meant my house or yours but I have a room for my little brother so I'm gonna pick mine." He nods.

By the time we get to the house the kids have fallen asleep from crying. We both get a child and bring them to my penthouse. I make sure all my security systems are on.

We lay them in Max's bed, it scares me that they're both small enough to fit. They both just look so skinny, I'm gonna feed them lots when they wake. But what if the don't wanna stay here or if I'm not a good care taker.

I completely forgot about Magnus until he touches my shoulder sending sparks through my body."Sorry would you like to sleep in here or the guest room theirs also Izzy's but you know how she is. You can sleep in Jace's  ro- oh I'm rambling s-" he cuts me off with a hug.

"Your scared I know but you need to calm down, your literally shaking. Plus I'll be here to help." Magnus said His calming scent washing over me.

"Promise?" I hate how vulnerable I sound but I know that I don't mind showing this side to Magnus.

"I promise"  he looks in my eyes and moves a little closer. It makes me wonder if this will be my first kiss. I mean I know that we kissed before but I wasn't in my right mind I let the alpha in me take control.

Right when I think we are gonna connect our lips he puts his face into my chest. "I think I'll sleep in here with the kids." He says so I let go and move towards the door, "Aren't you gonna stay?" I look at him like he just said the craziest thing. I mean he kind of did, I thought he hated me.

"Um never mind. I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have said anything. I just meant that the kids and um me would sleep better with someone here for us I mean them. It was dumb just alpha scents are supposed to be calming and make you feel protected. I'm sor-" I stop him from talking when I pick him up and carry him to my room, throwing him on the bed.

I take my shirt off and strip off my pants. I climb on the bed and started to strip him. "Wha-wha-What are doing Alexander?! Stop!" He yells.

"Calm down I'm just getting pajamas for us as beautiful as you look in those clothes they aren't for sleep. And I want to undress you so bad." A deep blush spreads across his Carmel colored skin.

I finish undressing him and take a second to admire his beauty. Before quickly getting a shirt that has my scent deeply rooted in it. I want everyone to know he's mine. After I put my shirt on him I decide he doesn't need pants the shirt goes to mid thigh anyway.

I go and get the kids and change them into one of my shirts both going to their ankles. Mags and I can't stop saying how cute it is. They both cuddled up to us. Me and Magnus both release protective and comforting pheromones to keep them from having nightmares every though it's no guarantee. I watch Magnus drift to sleep before pulling him closer with Madzie on his chest. I slowly close my eyes to their slow breath and heat, inevitably falling asleep.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I'm so late I'm sorry but it's here😓